Anyone heard of Tall Trees (Beds)

evans

Reaction score
ye shhhhhhhhh dont let the secret of a lake get out.

Ian Whittaker

Reaction score
Never fished it ..... couple of chums did though , one blanked & the other had 2 big carp then some small cats.

Jay Folly

Reaction score
details of talltrees can be requested by calling 07775 613235.

fishing is by appointment only.

also a few annual memberships (20)

R

Royffey

aim 4 the "deeps"

ill send you the lakes map if its the same 1.

whats your email addy?

Mithrandir

Reaction score
only heard about because of the relentless plugs put up on here.

I am sure if it was any good someone would write a report about it on their own website

wonder why it has to be pushed so hard if it is a "little gem", I am sure someone in the press must have fished it then could push it to the "circus" that follow the magazines.

reminds me of the flurry of postings we had telling us about wonderful see through weights that looked like bits of old chandelier .

Here is a better idea, offer a free weekend to some competition winners here to have a "fish in" and we will tell them what it is really like.

Cider Bob (GBs)

Reaction score
Great idea Mith,

Maybe Tall trees is the worlds worst kept secret or maybe its the worlds worst lake.

Either way,by simply closing the lake for 48 hours and inviting 20 FM members to fish it would surely be the best advertising it could possibly get. Great oppotunity for a knees up aswell.

Bring it on Mr Folly,put your money where your mouth is!

Mithrandir

Reaction score
I am sure if it came to it we could all chuck a tenner in the pot and put it to the charity of your choice at the Fish in.

Might show that it s just not a profit motivated event too.

Jay Folly

Reaction score
<u>IN response to Mithrandir,</u>

the reason you will not find any info/reports etc on Talltrees, is because it has been a private lake for over 50 years.

Out of the two previous owners, one allowed the odd person to fish for about a five year period (under the name Hunters Moon Lake) whilst the other owner used the lake soley for himself.

Upon my father purchasing the lake he set about minor advertising to get a small amount of carpers intrested. he had a regular hardcore following that made regular bookings. Ever scince I have had the lakeI have tried to keep to his beliefs, with minor advertising.

Membership is restricted to 20 weekday members, and weekend day tickets by appointment only, with a no publisity rule. Within the members we have a writer for the Angling Times and one from Total Carp.

All catches that have ever been in any publication have been listed as "A private Bedfordshire Fishery".

AsI have my own business,I do not need any income from the lake whatsoever. All monies taken have gone back in to the lake (and more, but dont tell the wife!), Siltexing, landscaping, water mains, electric etc and the current project of a toilet and shower block.

<u>As the gauntlet has been thrown down, I will now have to offer a competition to all FISHINGmagic forum members.</u>

We usually only allow 6 anglers at a time,I will increase this to 8 for a "carp match".

If for a normal match, then we would increse this to 12.

I will announce a weekend in jan/feb when it will take place, allI need is the FISHINGmagic site to find 8 competition winners to take part.

£10 entry with the procceds going to a charity of the winners choice, how's that?

steveo

Reaction score
Jay...You said you will offer a competition to ALL FM Members but then you say that you need the FM site to find the competition winners??Please help me out here,have I had to win a previous FM comp to be legible to fish your lake or do I have to win a competition where the prize is to fish your lake or does FM have to pick 8 people at random.

Jay Folly

Reaction score
STEVO,Iwill get FM to run a competition to find 8 winners to fish..................

Reaction score
Jay , it seem since you have been a member of FM , which is a very short time , all you bang on about is your lake ,either about a pike match or a carp comp .

Now as lovely as your lake may be , and me being a cynical git, but i would say that you are getting a lot of free advertising for your water on FM ,and now you are saying that you will get FM to run a competition to find 8 winners to fish your water .

Have you talked to Graham about all this free advertising yet or asked his permission ?

Or do you feel its your right becouse you are now a member of FM ?

And when these pike/carp comps are over , will you then disappear from FM knowing that you have done your best to spread the word ?

Jay Folly

Reaction score
<u>Les Clark </u>

Seem's your self prognosis of being a 'cynical git' is right!

if you had read previous posts within the thread you would have noticed that Mithrandirchallenged me to make the offer of a competition.

have you noticed that i have made the offer for a whole weekend, free of charge?

did you also notice that the pike match has a profit of £44? after dishing out tea, coffee, soup, etc that means there will be no profit.

now you may not fish 'commercial fisheries' (too many kids, overstocked, over fished, whatever your reasons etc) but here is someone who runs a lake at 'no profit' for love, and i get slated!

I see now why my Father thought that **** Walkers' idea of keeping it to himself was right!

R

Roto Fryer 1

take it easy jay this site is a wind up merchants dream.

send a pm to graham and sort the details out.

ps. if you get cakehole to win he will rabbit on about it more than all the others put together /forum/smilies/wink_smiley.gif

Mithrandir

Reaction score
well done Jay, respect for rising to the bait.

I raise my hat to you, takes a lot to put up with the stick we give on here sometimes, but showing your metal and proving you are not just out to use the site but are prepared to give something back is all I asked.

Even if I do not get to fish the match I willl send a donation for the charity on the day.

Reaction score
Jay , I wasn`t slating you , just asking a few questions , because from where I stand it all looked a bit suspect , new member with a lake , 30000 members to inform free of charge , if the boot was on the other foot , I think that you may have asked the same questions ?

But to be fair , you seem to have your heart in the right place , good luck to you and your dream lake and no hard feelings ./forum/smilies/smile_smiley.gif

PS . Being a cynic is in my nature and I reserve the right to be one .

Tony Firth

Reaction score
tall tress up north is one hell of a good night club.glass front ,massive dance floor,swimming pool..if your fishings bad this winter try it out..