Anyone take their dog fishing?

C

Cakey

ha ha ha ...........................unless uncle Paul is around

Ray Roberts

Reaction score
Find yourself an old carp sack and a couple of house-bricks and get it while it's still a puppy. If you can remember where you threw it in and come back a few days later you may pick up some half decent eels.

And remember as the Koreans say - A dog is not just for Christmas, if it's a big one it may see you through boxing day as well.

Graham Whatmore

Reaction score
One thing you will find out Blankety is that young Labbies are great chewers - of anything, so beware of going out and leaving it in the lounge, you may well find nothing left when you get back. Intelligent as they undoubtedly are they still need training and teaching who is the master do a good job of that whilst it is young and you will reap the benefit, bit like kids really.

Ignore Mr Roberts, he's a bit like Al Fayed, lost the plot.

The Monk

Reaction score
I take Muff and Wendy fishing sometimes/forum/smilies/smile_smiley.gif

Old Wanderer

Reaction score
As always, its not the dogs that are the problem, it's the owners. It never ceases to amaze me what the lackwitted owners will allow their dogs to do.

Only this weekend I had words with a bloke and his wife, their spaniel pupwas 'rabbiting' in the bottom of the hedgerow of the field I was walking through, they thought it was funny howit was flushing out sheep (slap bang in lambing time as well). They said it was only playing, unfortunately the local farmer wasn't about 'cos he wouldn't have been as gentle as me with the advice /forum/smilies/surprised_smiley.gif

A

Andy "the Dog" Nellist (SAA) (ACA)

Dogs are great company on the bank and are not a nuisance if they are well behaved.

Got my nickname 20 years ago because of mydog. I used to fishshort sessions at Tring arriving late andpacking up early. People often only knew I'd been fishing because they'd seen "the dog" a cracking black and white collie called Harvey. Hewas friends with most of the anglersespecially those who would throw a stick for him and althoughhe loved to swim he'dnever go in unlessI told him he could.

These days my 7 year old Jack Russell Charlie comes with me wherever I'm allowed to take him. He loves water but is a very poor swimmer because of his stumpy legs and I've had to jump in a couple of times to rescue him.

When he gets cold in the winter I just pop him inside my jacket with his head sticking out. In the last couple of weeks of the season I hooked, played and landed quite a few 5lb+ chub whilst he was in my jacket. Once he has warmed up he often falls asleep and snores.

pcpaulh

Reaction score
Great stuff Andy /forum/smilies/big_smile_smiley.gif

Dads recently got a Spaniel which which took spinning on the canal a few weeks ago (opposite startops actually) and it went after a duck then worked out it couldn't swim. Luckily didn't jump to far so dad could reach over and grab it.

Ray Roberts

Reaction score
Iactually believethat dogs on the bank are a great idea. I do however think that it should be obligatory to feed them on a diet of dog food mixed with a little bit of that Enterprise luminous sweetcorn. The turds on the edge of the bank/towpath could then act as cats-eyes and prevent the unwary angler from straying too close to the edge and falling in.

C

Cakey

120 post later and we finally get a good one.................hahaha

Ray Roberts

Reaction score
In all honesty, it'snot often that you see an angler with a dog (Monk excepted). The problems are caused by non anglers who seem strangely attracted to the lone angler. Not unlike the fate of the single tree in a field that everybody wants to p*ss upagainst.

Oh, by the way, I was only joking about the carp sack and bricks......................................

Have you seen the price of those carp sacks, an old onion bag would be a far cheaper option.

/forum/smilies/wink_smiley.gif

C

Cakey

muff_April_2004_copy.jpg

Ray Roberts

Reaction score
I kept ferrets some years ago. They are fascinating inquisitive creatures. The ones that I had were extremely tame and didn't mind being handled at all.

I think I may have seen a whippet down our street once as well, or it could have been a midget greyhound.