Baggin Waggler Set Up

Neil Maidment

Reaction score
Typically no need to strike when they're having it!

Learnt a lot from the locals last year at Clattercote, cast, lay rod out to the right on rest, hold tight! Sometimes you even managed to get the rod onto the rest! Quite a few were using the sinking method, essentially almost neutral bouyancy allows the "float" to slowly sink and effectively search the layers to find the fish, parts of Clattercote are deep.

Most would start with the standard method or cage feeder and switch to the waggler when the feeder was taken on the drop!

Worked for me on several "practice" trips but not in the Keith Culley Match itself!!

Reaction score
I am aware you usually dont need to strike thats why I said lift into the fish; with the loop method you lift into the fish and not the float.

When the float is fixed, i.e. with float rubbers you inevitably lift into the heavy float putting the rig under more pressure.

I am just looking at it from a different angle

Ian Gemson

Reaction score
The going method in warmer months on my local lakes is a large groundbait feeder with the lead removed and a peice of flat sheet cork glued in its place. A long low diameter hooklenght is added with a semi bouyant bait to counter balance the weight of the hook.

The feeder is filled with dry-ish ground bait so it explodes from the feeder. The angler casts out and after the feeder hits the water surface he pulls it back 3-4 feet to empty the feeder and also pull the hook bait into the cloud.

This method looks just like a normal feeder set up and completely fools all the adjacent anglers who do not know this style of fishing think you are fishing with you bait on the bottom.

W

Wolfman Woody

Much better if you were to grab the image location and paste it using the FM feature like so -
wagad_small.jpg

Prevents you screwing up the width of the messages. Damage is done now.

Ian Gemson

Reaction score
Thanks for you constructive advice woody. For all of us keen anglers who may not be on top of there game when it comes to image manipulation/location Etc Etc a little How To article would be of great beneifit.