Barbel Rods For Carp Fishing

Bryan Baron 2

Reaction score
Andy tend to fish it earl season before rivers start. On the floaters. Occasionally go down at other times. Fish to mid 20's average around the 12-15Ib mark. Not heard of any problems with cars but can get very crowded at weekends with youngsters due to the cheap ticket prices ?3 a day.

I also get mine from Carters. Just trying out the ULG as i snapped the tip of my 1.5Ib Specimen on opening day on the Ribble.

Andy Pet

Reaction score
Would like to say - after fishing with the Greys they went back - was told by Carters they were a through action but I have to agree with Bryan - very tippy. Grey's confirmed this as did my mate when I played an 8lb carp. Rods gone back and now I have bought some Brentwood angling custom build 2.75lb rods. Best thing I have ever bought. Fished last weekend and had a 6lb carp, and 8lb carp and a 13lber all from Beacon view in 9 hours. They bend from tip to butt and are a dream, and very very slim. I think they are a Jap copy of the vertex - but take normal shimano baitrunners. Sics all round and Shrink rubber on the butt. They are awesome for the price - ?70 each and free next day shipping. I'm at Highfield this weekend for a session - hopefully I will get another double or two :)