Barbel Rods

Andy Pet

Reaction score
So how do the Harrison Chimera No 2's compare to the Prodigy Specimen 2lb or the X Flite 2lb?

On paper you'd expect the Grey's to be better as they are more powerful - as I say on paper this seems so.

B

Bob Watson

The Chimera will cast a 3oz lead no problem. If you want to hold bottom in a flood it will "lob" a bit more. Haven't seen the prodigys but I've 3 3lb prodigy Carp rods and they're good bits of kit.

Bryan Baron 2

Reaction score
Andy they will both do what you want. I use Prodigy's my mate has Chimera's. We both can fish at any time of the year.

Both these rods are at the top of the tree and it comes down to other factors like price, warrenties, brand etc. Which ever rod you get you will not be dissapointed.

R

Ron 'The Hat' Clay (ACA-Life Member)

The Progidy rods are fine weapons make no mistake, and if I did not have a couple of Chemiras, I would pick them as second choice.

Where the Chemiras score is that the blanks are compound taper. They are extremely powerful in the but for battling hard fighting fish and are quite delicate at the tip for a rod of this power.

The handle is also extremely comfortable to hold.

Andy Pet

Reaction score
Hi Guys thanks for all the responses. As I said I bought the Prodigy's but then Ron threw the Chimera's into the equation.

Bryan must think I'm a right goit as he has been extremely helpful via email.

The Chimera's or the X Flites could be a valid purchase as I have two Free Spirit ES Carp rods just gone back to Fosters - a reel fitting and an eye have started to rust after just over 2 months - so may get the other rods instead. Free Spirit has left a very sour taste in my mouth.