Barbel Society AGM

A

Andy Thatcher

Short and sweet this one.

Do you have to be a member to enter or can you join on the day ?

S

STEVE POPE

Hi Andy,

Yes you can join at the door, no problem.
In past years we have tried to discourage this, but as our conference takes place just four weeks before the new membership year starts ( June 16th)it seemed rather harsh not allowing the new members in.
Another one of our concerns was not knowing how many people would turn up on the door if we allowed a pay at the door system. Obviously there is a limit on numbers because of fire regulations and that sort of thing.
As this will be our sixth event, we have the benefit of hindsight and experience with regard to the numbers, so while we totally encourage people to buy their tickets in advance we realise there will always be a few who will just turn up on the day, as long as they are existing members or new season members and they buy a ticket for ?11 they will get in.

Our AGM starts early and is usually over by 10-30 allowing our conference to start at 11-00.
Martin Bowler will be giving a presentation at 11-15, John Baker at 1-30, John Bailey will start at 2-15 followed by Jan Porter at 3-30.
Then at 4-15, Peter Wheat, Fred J Taylor, Fred Crouch and Fred Buller will just sit down and reminisce. We close with a mega raffle.

Andy Orme, Tref West, Stef Horak, Pete Reading, Tony Miles, Ray Walton, you name them, they are almost certain to be there. Dave Steuart, who remembers Dave, he certainly fired my imagination back in the sixties, he'll be there as well and the whole shebang is kept under control by our old friend Martin James in his own inimitable style.

If you want to join and come along, please email me and I will give full details.

All the best, looking forward to seeing some of you there.

Steve.

A

Andy Thatcher

Thankyou for letting me know Steve. I'll email you shortly.

Cheers
Andy

J

jeff burgess

Where can I find out more about The Barbel Society?
Cheers
Jeff