Bargains. Let us know.

rayner

Reaction score
Well, I have tried it, of course, a couple of changes to the mix to get them just about right, I've fired a few 20mm balls probably around 25mtrs so that will be fine. I try not to fish that far with a waggler. The 40mm ball is for cupping in, I don't know how you manage to get balls stuck as there's a release button on both ends.
It's difficult to make a ball with my limitations the balls I managed for a first attempt are just fine.

rayner

Reaction score
I made the pellets the same as I do for method fishing, the ground bait had a pinch of dry micros put in the middle by poking in my finger and dropping in the micros.?

markcw

Exiled Northerner
Reaction score
Oxford, and occasionally Warrington Lancs

Philip

Reaction score

Nice find.

I am very tempted to take a punt on the 15 foot rod as it would fit a need I have but I would be buying blind which is never ideal.

Does anyone have any experience with it ? ...from the marketing bumph I read it basically comes across as a stepped up float rod for larger fish..Chub Tench Barbel...

.... I saw it quoted that it can handle lines 3-10lb which seems a little too wide a range to be totally realistic. I am wondering if its nearer the 3lb end or the 10lb end...that sort of thing..

Wakou

Reaction score
For those of us 'bottom feeders' who like stuff cheap:
I bought these. Not, admittedly 'Rolls-Royce' quality. But it was despatched the same day as ordered, and arrived less than 36 hours later. And considering that postage for a box this size would be approx £6.00? I reckon a solid bargain here. ps some of you know that I might 'need' a spare bankstick for parts..
£12.99 inc postage

1613678998426.png
1613679149639.png

markcw

Exiled Northerner
Reaction score
For those of us 'bottom feeders' who like stuff cheap:
I bought these. Not, admittedly 'Rolls-Royce' quality. But it was despatched the same day as ordered, and arrived less than 36 hours later. And considering that postage for a box this size would be approx £6.00? I reckon a solid bargain here. ps some of you know that I might 'need' a spare bankstick for parts..
£12.99 inc postage

View attachment 13326
View attachment 13327

If those butt rests are the soft rubber type, they are brilliant, I use them when feder fishing, they really grip the butt of the rod,
Also have a couple of front rests similar to the pic. Adjustable and ideal for float fishing.

Wakou

Reaction score
If those butt rests are the soft rubber type, they are brilliant, I use them when feder fishing, they really grip the butt of the rod,
Also have a couple of front rests similar to the pic. Adjustable and ideal for float fishing.
Thay are indeed a soft, rubbery type of thing.

markcw

Exiled Northerner
Reaction score
Thay are indeed a soft, rubbery type of thing.
I have one on a bankstick and bracket on rear leg of seat box, the method feeder rest is on a telescopic arm on front leg of footplate,
The tip of the rod has shot round and rod goes along method feeder rest, the butt of the rod stays in the rest,
They are a lot better than the hard plastic design.
I think I got mine free with anglers mail,

bennygesserit

Reaction score
I have just downloaded the Brave Browser , lots of my fellow IT colleagues use it, biggest attraction for me NO ADS on you tube !
For now thats all I use it for

Deejay8

Reaction score
TFGear Compact All Rounder. Just got this for £29.99 plus postage. Rrp £119.99. Was £59.99. Only one left.

Deejay8

Reaction score
There were 5 in stock when I bought mine. An hour later only one left. I know people who have used them, and they are a good little feeder rod, and a reasonably good rod for heavy float work. And a huge bargain at that price.

TincaJim

Reaction score
I bought this rod a few years ago, paid more than you though! A great all purpose budget rod, I’ve had tench, carp, pike and even used it for sea fishing........enjoy the rod

Reaction score
That was a great buy,a very usable rod and brilliant for barbel on tight swims and small rivers,I had one,but got rid as I had a similar rod already....