Bargains. Let us know.

Reaction score
Has anyone who uses stotz tried the slot shot marketed as Ian's stotz,look a really good buy at £3.25 for 20gms post free,gurus version is 0.8gm and costs over £2,i've ordered a packet of 8's,if they are good I will get a selection.....

john step

Reaction score
Has anyone who uses stotz tried the slot shot marketed as Ian's stotz,look a really good buy at £3.25 for 20gms post free,gurus version is 0.8gm and costs over £2,i've ordered a packet of 8's,if they are good I will get a selection.....
Let us know please.

wetthrough

Reaction score
Tried the No8s "Central Slots" by Ians Floats, I'm assuming they're the ones you're talking about and they're OK. I was happy with the Waterline ones but they're no longer available. Can't get on with the Grippa type.

central_slots.jpg

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
In a time of ridiculous prices for fishing gear on the bay I was somewhat surprised to snap up a bargain today.

Two Shimano Rarenium 1000 spools were advertised at £20 for the pair, stupidly cheap imo, better still he was open to offers,I put a cheeky £17 bid in which he accepted!.

I don't really need them in all honesty, I already have two spools but with these I can ask a premium price for the reel and spools if and when I decide to sell them, they seem to go up in value year on year.

nottskev

Reaction score
In a time of ridiculous prices for fishing gear on the bay I was somewhat surprised to snap up a bargain today.

Two Shimano Rarenium 1000 spools were advertised at £20 for the pair, stupidly cheap imo, better still he was open to offers,I put a cheeky £17 bid in which he accepted!.

I don't really need them in all honesty, I already have two spools but with these I can ask a premium price for the reel and spools if and when I decide to sell them, they seem to go up in value year on year.

You little speculator, you :)

nottskev

Reaction score
Tried the No8s "Central Slots" by Ians Floats, I'm assuming they're the ones you're talking about and they're OK. I was happy with the Waterline ones but they're no longer available. Can't get on with the Grippa type.

View attachment 15131
Thanks step/through for that. I've ordered some too. The PI stuff is great, but when you buy a new container it looks like you're running out already. Someone's taking the Preston Innovation.

nottskev

Reaction score
I doubt I'll ever end up with sets of gear for various types of fishing, all ready to go. I always end up switching stuff from bag A to box B etc. I looked around for a tackle box to cover fringe ( for me) methods like method feeder, pellet waggler and floater fishing, and found this NGT box that just fits nicely in the main part of an old Drennan rucksack. It's sturdy with good fittings to close, measures 24 x 21x 6 cms, and comes with moveable dividers and 4 bit boxes with different divisions. Given the inflated prices for simple plastic containers like bait boxes, I think you get a lot here for your £7.95.

ngt.jpg

ian g

Reaction score
I'd agree Kev . I have a good bit of their tackle all of it is robust , a decent quiver and a few tackle boxes , their thermal bait bag is great a nice size , I generally keep my sandwiches and drink in it in the summer.....................I haven't ever put bait in it.

nottskev

Reaction score
I'd agree Kev . I have a good bit of their tackle all of it is robust , a decent quiver and a few tackle boxes , their thermal bait bag is great a nice size , I generally keep my sandwiches and drink in it in the summer.....................I haven't ever put bait in it.
Hi Ian, they do something they call a Lead Case - a padded fabric zip top case about 8"x 5"x 4" - which is perfect for reels up to 4000 size and for taking stuff when you just need a pocketful of bits and pieces with you. I do like their stuff.

mikench

Reaction score
I have 2 of those Kev and they are robust and work well. I have one in my box and one in a rucksack for my occasional river forays. I have always found NGT stuff to be great value and quality.

markcw

Exiled Northerner
Reaction score
Oxford, and occasionally Warrington Lancs
I doubt I'll ever end up with sets of gear for various types of fishing, all ready to go. I always end up switching stuff from bag A to box B etc. I looked around for a tackle box to cover fringe ( for me) methods like method feeder, pellet waggler and floater fishing, and found this NGT box that just fits nicely in the main part of an old Drennan rucksack. It's sturdy with good fittings to close, measures 24 x 21x 6 cms, and comes with moveable dividers and 4 bit boxes with different divisions. Given the inflated prices for simple plastic containers like bait boxes, I think you get a lot here for your £7.95.

View attachment 15445
I have one very similar that came with a covered bivvy table I bought for when I take a chair, the one I have has a removable board for short 4" hooklengths. Also I can get 6 margin pole rigs in it along with feeders etc.
Bivvy table can be removed from cover it has extending legs. Its NGT paid about £35,also bought NGT small carryall for £14 ,again for when I travel light. But lashed out £39 for a Guru version for main feeder fishing,
Stanley do a Fat Max version for around ,£15. Which I found out about after bought Guru one.
Dear part is doubling up on feeders ,leads and links and quick change bead for both boxes.

markcw

Exiled Northerner
Reaction score
Oxford, and occasionally Warrington Lancs
Dont forget to check when Aldi do their fishing promos.
I bought a foil lined bait bag made by Crane, paid just over a tenner I think,and a small bad with external pockets and a zip around hard base for similar price. Put a top brand name on these and you could at least double the price,
Soft touch wind proof and shower proof jacket £20.

nottskev

Reaction score
Just a test. Weirdly, I can't see any ads (good) but I can't reply to the ads thread.

mikench

Reaction score
AD have browning sphere poles on offer and at near half price. The Sphere Gti, XL , Deluxe, 16 mètre with more top kits then you can imagine are reduced from an astronomical £4500 to an eye watering £2600 or so. Not for me but maybe of interest to Markcw.

nottskev

Reaction score
Absolutely the biggest waste of money in angling,i'm truly glad I don't match fish any more.

A bit hasty Alan? We have to consider the £1,500 Guru Rive seatbox, the £700 Daiwa reel any any number of other contenders.