Bargains. Let us know.

Golden Eagle

Reaction score
I got the Advanta AD50 It think it was front drag and spare spool .came in a blue box . Paid £24. So if it's the same reel you have a bargain.
Yes same, except in 40 size, 50 is also available and they have a rear drag for £9.99.

Golden Eagle

Reaction score
Anyone looking for pellets or groundbait in decent quantities and therefore cheaper than the major labels could do worse than trying the Pellet Guys. Full range available and what I have sampled is top notch, well packaged and with speedy delivery.

Today’s delivery, 5kg each of micros and groundbait, in chocolate orange flavour. I’m not convinced the flavour makes a huge difference to the fish but I can vouch it is a very pleasant aroma!

Attachments

• 9C3F1E09-B6D5-4936-86EA-2EB1166A9B27.jpeg
    9C3F1E09-B6D5-4936-86EA-2EB1166A9B27.jpeg
    1.4 MB · Views: 43

flightliner

Reaction score
Angling Direct ‘Pink Label Sale’ - I’ve just nabbed an advanta front drag reel for £14.99 posted.

I think @markcw advocated these a while back? At that price worth a gamble as a seldom used back up reel?
Late finding this post but decided to follow it up as I was going to Angling Direct anyway for a look round.
What a good thing I did too.
So good I bought myself a pair for £30,deal included a spare spool (both extra wide) , double line clips, good line lay and a smooth silky and quite oporation.
Both are the feeder editions that will come in handy for the odd time I need them when most of my rods are already set up for other species/venues.
IMG_20221110_111509.jpg

markcw

Exiled Northerner
Reaction score
Oxford, and occasionally Warrington Lancs
Late finding this post but decided to follow it up as I was going to Angling Direct anyway for a look round.
What a good thing I did too.
So good I bought myself a pair for £30,deal included a spare spool (both extra wide) , double line clips, good line lay and a smooth silky and quite oporation.
Both are the feeder editions that will come in handy for the odd time I need them when most of my rods are already set up for other species/venues. View attachment 24639
It is a good deal , I paid £24 for mine ,only got the one, The same reel as you have .
Bought it as a back up feeder reel on the odd occasion I take two feeder rods , Also going to try it as a pellet Waggler and baggin Waggler reel .That will see if it's upto the job , constant casting and reeling in with hopefully a carp on the hook .
@mikench sorry Mike you asked me in July when I first posted about this what it weighed , I did weigh but forgot to post . I will get round to again unless Mick beats me to it .

no-one in particular

Reaction score
They are doing a Peter Storm quilted gillit thing in millets for £20. was £50. bought one yesterday to replace my old one that has got a bit torn and ragged. Not a bad thing for winter.

@Clive

Reaction score

Ray Walton pin for 80 dollars. Super Lightweight 89 dollars and the 2041 for 92 dollars (Plus import duties, etc) Some baitcasters and bait runners too.

Says they will ship anywhere in the world.

davebhoy

Reaction score

Ray Walton pin for 80 dollars. Super Lightweight 89 dollars and the 2041 for 92 dollars (Plus import duties, etc) Some baitcasters and bait runners too.

Says they will ship anywhere in the world.
I’m not sure about that website, Clive. It looks like it’s too good to be true

@Clive

Reaction score
I’m not sure about that website, Clive. It looks like it’s too good to be true
If you look at the other fixed spool reels they are more realistically priced. I think they may have speculated on the pins thinking the steelhead guys might buy them. If you used paypal your purchase would be safe.

I have the Super Lightweight. It is a lovely reel.

flightliner

Reaction score
It is a good deal , I paid £24 for mine ,only got the one, The same reel as you have .
Bought it as a back up feeder reel on the odd occasion I take two feeder rods , Also going to try it as a pellet Waggler and baggin Waggler reel .That will see if it's upto the job , constant casting and reeling in with hopefully a carp on the hook .
@mikench sorry Mike you asked me in July when I first posted about this what it weighed , I did weigh but forgot to post . I will get round to again unless Mick beats me to it .
It weighs 15oz Mark!

flightliner

Reaction score
Thanks Mick all my tackle is in the summerhouse at the moment , trying to rearrange layout in the garage .
To much " junk" taking space where my tackle could go for instant access
I used one of my pair last monday, (all day for two bites and two roach) if you hav'nt used yours yet I think you'll be more than satisfied with it.
Longer casting ability and the smoothest return I've ever had on a fixed spool reel.
Even if I only get a few years use from them (tho I doubt it, as expecting much more now) they'll be worth the outlay!

chrisjpainter

Reaction score
Anyone looking for a new feeder rod? I think Daiwa are phasing out the N'Zon S and there are some great deals to be had. The 10ft 40g is pretty rare on the ground, but Fishing Tackle and Bait have got two 11ft models, as well as 12 and 13ft models, casting from 60g upwards. I've not used these rods as such, but the HVF carbon they use in the blanks is excellent. I've used it in their lure rods and it's great. Stiff, light but still very sensitive. They used to retail for about £110; I've just ordered the 11ft 3 piece one from FTB for £55. Other places may have different models.

markcw

Exiled Northerner
Reaction score
Oxford, and occasionally Warrington Lancs
Preston Celcius hoodies ,these are full zip, not pullover type. Leigh Tackle and Bait down to £27. Well worth the money ,Ideal on there own for a cool day or under a waterproof on cold and wet day .
If you can't to the the shop ,they do mail order.

no-one in particular

Reaction score
I know absolutely nothing about pole fishing however, I thought I might try it one day and this was for sale for £12 in a shop. Leeda the make, which I suppose is not a big name. It is 12 point something meters and from what I can make out three different end pieces. . Assuming it is all there, is it worth a punt?
P1010620.JPG
P1010621.JPG
P1010622.JPG

Golden Eagle

Reaction score
I know absolutely nothing about pole fishing however, I thought I might try it one day and this was for sale for £12 in a shop. Leeda the make, which I suppose is not a big name. It is 12 point something meters and from what I can make out three different end pieces. . Assuming it is all there, is it worth a punt? View attachment 25377View attachment 25379View attachment 25381
For £12 most definitely! The company Leeda is owned by the same people as MAP. I personally fish with a MAP pole that retails for £000’s.

As a starter pole, this will be fine for fishing at short range and down the margins, which are the places a beginner should target anyway.

I think you’ll struggle to get further top kits or spares if you break it, but at that price that’s a risk worth taking.

Go for it!

john step

Reaction score
Definitely worth a punt for that price. Leeda is a very big tackle company, if a little out of fashion and at the budget end nowadays.
It should be quite usable. However I doubt it will be at its best at the stated 12 meters. Poles never are especially budget jobs.
Probably quite OK at about 9 meters.
The power top at no 14s is ok for commies and the lighter ones for silvers.

If there is elastic fitted already do not trust it . Start with new. You will need to buy something called a diamond eye wire to fit new elastic. They are cheap and widely available. There are bound to be lots of Youtube videos on line.
To start dont worry about all the high tec lines etc. Just try it out with what you have. A couple of pole floats and away you go.