BBC last night

E

EC

I agree to some extent Pete, but where do you draw the line mate? Which careers are/are not acceptable for someone coming out of jail after a similar offence?

M

MarkTheSpark

Peter, you're a very hard man. There is such a thing as regret and repentance, shame and rehabilitation, mate. Lee Hughes has done his time, and now we've got to see if he has turned over a new leaf. You seem to be saying that nobody who has made a mistake can ever enter society.

Personally I think Lee Hughes is a toerag who'll be in trouble again because he hasn't got the brain or moral fibre to control himself. But until it happens, the law offers him another chance. We may not like that, but that's what makes this a civilised country, not a vengeful culture infused with hatred and retribution.

J

John H Member of THE C.S.G.. & The A.T.

I heard Greg W trying to defend the guy on this mornings Fisherman's Blues.

He (the scally not Greg) was also involvedpreviously in a business selling orthopaedic beds which was exposed on Rogue Traders.

Not sure whether it was the same company, but I once replied to an advert (business was very slow and bills had to be paid) placed by a company in Wakefield (the office was at St Johns North) selling 'Ethical Products' to the old and disabled. Turned out to be a job selling orthopaedic beds, and they wanted me to pay them to attend their two day training course.

I actually watched that programme about the beds, and being a long-time bad back sufferer even I knew that what was being said by the 'sales people' was rubbish and they were trying to scare old and disabled folk into buying their ridiculously pricedbeds. They made double glazing salesmen look like social workers.

rodney fisher

Reaction score
For anybody still doubting what kind of a man Marc Jones is, here is a link to the Wakefield Express story from 2003 which followed his appearance on Watchdog for selling beds to the elderly. Four years on and he still doing the same con, this time with his building company.

http://www.wakefieldexpress.co.uk/news/BED-FIRM-BOSS-IS-SHAMED.317105.jp

Sadly, Trading Standards are not "keeping a close eye" as his wife Sharon Jones continues the bed business with Powermatic Adjustable Beds and Mobility World UK Ltd of Hunslet, Leeds. Not to be confused with Mobility World of Harrow who are fed up with Mrs Jones outfit dragging down their reputation. (I have no connection with the Harrow company, and wish I had never heard of Mrs Jones bunch of thieves)

http://www.mobilityworld.co.uk/store.aspx?cp=739