Best Boilie

captain carrott

Reaction score
just cheese mid summer 3-15 roach.

early 90's small still water in shefield, on a scaled down self designed bolt rig set up.

F

Fred Bonney

Good reminder for me ,used to use a lot of stilton for chub, on an almost roach free river, and had one or two nice ones.

Must try it on Trent.

P

Paul (Brummie) Williams

If the carp lads are on nuts then don't forget roach LOVE them /forum/smilies/wink_smiley.gif

B

Big Rik

teecee

Yeah, that's it, wicker creel and greenhart rods all the time for me, I only use boilies and carbon rods so I can fit in.

N

Nigel Connor(ACA ,SAA)

I dont know what you are all getting excited about.They only count from rivers anyway.

......../forum/smilies/wink_smiley.gif

W

Warren 'Hatrick' (Wol) Gaunt

bollox /forum/smilies/tongue_out_smiley.gif

B

Big Rik

3.3 is your PB Wol, wasn't aware that any of my PB's were public knowledge.

Think that teecee may have got a little confused.

T

teecee

Big Rik -Sorry to have confused the issue(its age)and my apologies to you-I have just realised the roach was on my PB list and not yours-silly me!

Funny that Wol has one of the same weight though.......

Something I had to remember...oh yes,I need to buy some more mini boilies whenI next visit my tackle shop!

On a more seroius note Rik;I would be interested in howyou would go about catching BIG roach-I could learn something new about boilies and maybe improve my catches-I am always ready to listen to others.............

B

Big Rik

All species other than carp get caught by carpers, usually in sizes that 'normal' methods don't produce.

If you're prepared to adapt your style of fishing, then find out what your local carpers are catching, on what methods and baits and then scale it down to suit.

I love catching big roach trotting on the river, but I'm also not going to ignore my local gravel pit when it consistently throws up huge roach/bream/tench/chub (delete as appropriate)

Big beds of particles and pellets tend to draw them in and then it's a case of scaling down the bait and hook size to suit the species.

Michael Townsend 3

Reaction score
You ripping me off Wol or trying to find us a new water?/forum/smilies/wink_smiley.gif

The best thing to get rid of the small stuff is a few sharp frosts. Sadly we didn't seem toget many of those last year.

I don't know why, but the big girls seem to feed when the water's freezing and the small stuff vanishes.

Michael Townsend 3

Reaction score
Tiger nuts or 10mm esterberry work well, but the best I know of is a 8-10mm halibut pellet lassoed under a 14 hook.

W

Warren 'Hatrick' (Wol) Gaunt

New water luv, new water. /forum/smilies/smile_smiley.gif