Best day so far.

• Thread starter Kevin Nicholson
  • Start date
K

Kevin Nicholson

Saturday afternoon a late start but the weather was overcast but warm. My friend and I set up on our local clubs lake (which I hope to join) fished on a day ticket. I really wanted to catch a Perch but the man in the shop said "oh! I dont know about that it's a bit early for Perch". so I fished a waggler apx 2 rod lengths out from the bank. I was very soon into small Roach and Rudd but I knew there were big Bream in the lake as I had seen them caught. I was delighted to catch 4 small perch, roach, rudd and late in the afternoon a large Tench 3 1/2 to 4 lbs 4 times the size of my previous best. The Bailiff came round and gave me loads of information on fishing the venue, stocks and other bits and also hoped to see me in the club soon. Can course fishing get any better ? I did not get my big bream but maybe next time. For the "Noddy with the 30meter sea fishing pole ,with strawberry pellets2 - to the happiest man in England (well it felt that good). If any of you better anglers every wonder about passing on your knowledge, yes it is appreciated and how else do I learn from a book? I dont think so, and when your too old to swing a rod perhaps ill be helping new angler then as well. Anyway good luck to you all I'm off to watch my Jack Charlton GO Fishing videos until the next trip.
Kevin..

D

Dave Johnson

Nice one Kev
you ought to pass some tips on to Mike Fidler, Dave (nearly had a bite) Preston and blanka champ Sedge

S

Stewart Bloor

Kevin, well done. As for perch, they're one of the fish that will feed through the winter.

C

Carp Angler

Good show Kev.
It's all about enjoyment at the end of the day.

G

Goose Ganderton

Nice one Kevin, a red letter day for you.
Don?t worry about the Bream they will come, just ask the other anglers where they have caught them and you can soon work out if they have a regular patrol route, then you will soon be in amongst them.

P

Phil Husselbury

Nice one Kev,

Knocks my tench best into a cocked hat!

K

Kevin Nicholson

Thanks for the replies all, I'll let you know when I catch my 7lb Bream. But my friend wants to take me to a pond with 2lb+ roach, I cant wait. Keep up the good work the forum is great.