big boilies

W

Warren 'Hatrick' (Wol) Gaunt

"sorry, let me quantify that.

i think you are a cock"

Best post of 2006

J

Jeff (AKA Cheeky Monkey, Spud, Jay Dubya, Woody .

"You're a cock." used to be a compliment. Like "..... me old cock", it just meant "You're a mate" or ".. my old mate."

I suspect this wasn't the intention though.

And you're just stirring it Warren!

L

little Stu!

I agree with Jeff here, in fact I am a cock and so is my wife, in fact so is wols wife as is my sisters wife too, in fact i feel we are all cocks.....let me quatify that, i feel all cocks are....

oh how i love coming out on here....

BTW - Dont be too hard on the cock slinger, after all he did catch his PB on my spaghetti rig!

Cock!

L

Lee Swords (The new and improved)Satans little he

Nice cock Wol!

Betchav heard that a few times....Specially when your bivvied up with Andy for the weekend!

LOL!!!!!

B

Budgie Burgess

No matter which slang term for the penis we choose to describe Rik by he is totally right.Yes unlike side hooking you can use a much smaller hook with a hair rig BUT it the hook size will definately affect the way the rig works and must be taken into account.

Ive used tennis ball sized boillies for Cats and used relatively small 3/0 hooks with them.

Largest boillie I use for carp is 20mm and I use a size four Rod Hutchinson (both the origonal Mustad and newer Partridge versions)Depending on the bouyancy of the bait I some times weight the hook with lead wire (yes I know that strictly its illegal) to help it catch when the much heavier bait is ejected.

I suppose that in a way the actual weight of the hook can affect the rig mechanics more than pattern/size.

D

Deecy ACA

"Both of those are preposterous statements until you quantify them".
Still a load load of prentionous cock. Quantify ? surely qualify ?

B

Big Rik

Been on the beer Deecy?

"Still a load load of prentionous cock."

prentionous??

Small minded idiot who's still sore that 3 years ago I said your bivvy was shit.

B

Big Rik

Thank you Budgie, not that it bothers me if anybody agrees with what I say, but at least you've got enough knowledge and experience to understand that hook size and style is a variable.

U

unknownforce

http://www.fishingmagic.com/news/article.asp?sp=&v=1&uan=2220

Thank you Stu - To update, I had a 24 hour session on Sunday and caught a new PB of 32lb 2oz, again using the spaghetti approach.

I used 2 14mm pulse boilies with a shocka rig (korda leader with in line free running square pear and a stop bead on the end tungsten section), 10inch combi hooklink and a size 6 hood (Korda Widegape B), with a pva stocking bag containing 1 x spaghetti 14m fusion, 1 x spaghetti pulse 14mm, a couple of 20mm fusions and a few broken bits and pieces, then catapulted a few more different offerings in a 5m sq area.

This approach has seen me top rod on the lake for a few sessions now. In the same 24 hours i had 1 x 15, 1 x and 2 x 17lb'ers.

Nice one Stu

richard turner

Reaction score
glad to hear im not the only one using this baiting tactic just come back from 48hr session and iv had 6 fish on the bank when everyone else were struggling to even get a run, biggest was a 29 lb common caught on double 14mm white choclate with a mixure or other 14s 18s 20mm baits all joined up as doubles by spagheti, the lads on the pegs next to us didnt have a clue what i was doing and had never even seen it used dare say that when they come back they will be trying it out .

L

little Stu!

I gotta say lads I really appreciate your comments above, they mean a hell of a lot to me. You see if you go back through the FishingMagic vaults you?ll see loads and loads of thinking articles written by me and big Rik but it got to a point where in the end what we were having published was getting ripped about without anyone necessarily trying out the concepts. Many had a challenge and a reason to diss the concepts but very few of them had the nerve to try them. In the end we just slowed right down and nigh on stopped writing and submitting altogether.

Our finding and thoughts are very similar and our creative thinking has put a few fish on the bank for many an angler (over and above ourselves) however when all you become is a target for slurr when writing an article you ask yourself why bother!

In this case, its nice to be proved wrong and even better to see you?ve been pushing the bar up re your PB?s on the spag rig!

Thanks again ? truly appreciated!

C

Christian Tyroll

Stu i bet they were just doing because they were jelous, petty and didnt get out fishing enough to try them.

The people whos articles i read on here, are my generations **** walkers (ok may be not the best comparision) or a football players David Beckham (ok that one wasnt great either) but you see what im getting at, when im old and cacky il say i remember that Ron Clay, Graham, Andy, Wol, Gary, Lee and all the rest of the guys on here.
Then when i come to thing of carping, the likes of you, Big Rik etc will be the ones i think of.

Although ive done nigh one nilch proper carping one day i will and the first rigs il come to look at will be you guys!

When i was playing FIFA on the ps2 the other day, john motson said "the oppositions crowd are booing him, i always think he must be doing something right" , i guess the same could be said in angling!

I sound like a right suck up now, but its not meant like that...

Anyway im going to have to try this spagetti rig ;-)

U

unknownforce

No worries Stu. Thanks to you mate

I did have a look through your other ideas, but they were all sh1t - hehehe ;0)