birdseed

C

christian tyroll

so whats wrong with nash? i havent used them before, i take it there pants?

Benny The Bream

Reaction score
no not pants lots of people catch consistently on them.
Are you planning on introducing a few freebies or just a hookbait?
If you use just a hookbait you may struggle as the carp will hard on the deck preoccupied on the seed you need to have a few freebies so they are more likely to pick them up.

C

christian tyroll

i just brought some of that heavy metel rig putty, i wasnt sure about it as you get a tiny amount for alot of money. but the guy in the tackle shop said it was worth it!

when i took it out of the pot there was even less than i thought but it does seem very heavy and dense so i hope it was worth it!

i brought the nash boilies as they had free pop-ups and that was perfect for the water im fishing!

as you guys have a lot more experience than me where would you suggest the carp are shoaled up? the lake is a public pomd and only about 1acre in size. during the summer recieves alot of pressure but the anglers either go into hibernation or fish a different water as it empty!
there is 1 island to one side of the pond( 1 of the swims here is a 'hotspot')!
the other hot spot is an overhanging tree in the margins where the water is about 5ft deep!
i dont know of any features in the middle of the lake but i no its deeper than 7ft and an old mini got driven into it lol!
would the carp move to the deeper water in these tempretures? i o the key is location so any help would be great!

C

Cakey

Location is going to be the key which shouldnt be to hard on a one acre pond.
me I would be there an hour before first light just watching and watching looking for a sign and if I didnt see one I would go back the next day .
you might find them at last light but Ive found that its better in the mornings

C

christian tyroll

frothey the trees are kind of flimsy lol but i was going to go down there at 7.00 anyway so that should be earlier enough for a look about!

C

Cakey

thats not early enough ! 6o/c this time of year !
if you cant climb a tree take some big steps with you

C

christian tyroll

i will try and get a high up a possible but taking steps is a bit much as im walking, its a mile and a half and on top of my gear i wouldnt be able to carry it!
im going for an early night so i will let you no how i get on tomorrow ;-)!
thanks for all the help!

C

Cakey

put wheels one end use the other end as handles ...load up and go

C

christian tyroll

well i went along and saw signs of fish tight to the island, ripples bubbles etc!
none of the pond had ice on at all which surprised me so i fished tight to the island and baited up a bit!
after about an hour i had one beep on the alarm but that was it for thr whole time!
i will fish again tomorrow but it may be on an easier water!