bite detection

C

Christian Tyroll

If you get a 1.25lb or 1.5lb rod it will be good for a spot of tench or breaming, great for float fishing for carp on commercials. Also often suitable for a bit of floaater fishing. And the lighter ones are good for chub aswell.

Like i said you'll probably end up using it alot for alot more then barbel if you get one.

Joe Black

Reaction score
Stevie , check out item number 220017923479 on ebay.co.uk,
Shimano - Hyperloop 12ft Barbel Classic
Built from low resin XT30/60 carbon, all have quiver and Avon tops as standard, with SiH rings computer designed to impart the best casting, trotting and playing action. All season Shimano ergonomic reel seats grace the reverse taper handles. The Classic is 1.5 lb test curve. Suitable for MOST sized reels.
Supplied with 2 top sections, one an Avon Style top, the other a spliced in heavy duty quiver tip, this is rated to 1.5lb test curve, and will handle leads upto 3oz .
Mainline 4lb - 12lb
Hooklink 3lb - 10lb IF EVER THERE IS A ALLROUND ROD THIS IS IT FROM CATCHING ROACH OR BREAM ON A FEEDER OR CHUB OR BARBEL ON A RIVER TO CATCHING CARP THIS ROD CAN DO IT!
Ok I just pasted that but this is a great trader, I've had loads of bits off him, infact just noticed the rod as I was buying some more, the rod is new, bid is only at ?14 with less than 2 days to go rrp?89, price will go up but still may go cheap.

S

Stevie Robertson

Cheers for the info have finally ordered a shimano hyperloop power barbel rod, now reelwise i have baitrunners which are loaded with braid 15bs now would that be ok or should i load it with nylon ie what type what breaking strain any help appreciated, rigs i will come to next......zzzzzzz