''Blanking''

rayner

Reaction score
Sorry Rayner-I was being a bit ingenious and mis-read your post..
Your post just reminded me of that and I was being a bit tongue in cheek.. But looking back I think I may have mis read what you were saying.

All is clear Mark thanks for the reply.
Don't think I'm in a trap, my experience was a few blanks before having any sign of a bite. I must admit the trap you mentioned confused me but all is well now.

---------- Post added at 06:52 ---------- Previous post was at 06:46 ----------

Slightly off-topic, sorry. Did you see the buoyant leads on the "Pound Shop" website? It's on the "Bargains" thread if you missed it. :)

I did see them Rob.
A mate makes the ones I use they are small 20grm resin bombs with a brass insert.

---------- Post added at 07:13 ---------- Previous post was at 06:52 ----------

I'd say that when that switch had been flicked, you got the sinking rate spot on.
Them carps are clever at spotting anything unnatural about the fall of a bait..

I think you're right Peter, that coupled with identifying sooner. I was waiting for similar bites to what you get fishing the straight lead Which some are but the vast majority are nothing more than the line slightly tightening on the surface.

steve2

Reaction score
As expected I blanked on the new water but I learnt a lot.
Went back yesterday and caught my first pike from it.
So I class my blank day as a good days fishing

Derek Gibson

Reaction score
As expected I blanked on the new water but I learnt a lot.
Went back yesterday and caught my first pike from it.
So I class my blank day as a good days fishing

Sounds like you had anticipated the blank Steve, but you went back with a little more knowledge derived from your initial visit, so that is progress in anyone's book. Good luck on future visits mate, keep us posted.

Ray Daywalker Clarke

Reaction score
Its each to his own as they say.

We will never know why we blank. If i am having a bad day, i change things around while fishing, as i am sure others do.

You may well go back and have a great day, changed a few things, but that doesn't mean you were doing anything wrong when you blanked. You may go and fish the same way different swim or venue, and have a great day.

If we knew all we needed to know about fish and what turns them on to feeding, I thing it would become very boring, very quickly.

ciprinus

Reaction score
i go out EXPECTING to blank, if i catch a fish then bonus two and im on a roll lol

rayner

Reaction score
I can put up with poor catch rates when trying something new.
If I'm using tried and tested methods and baits I expect to catch and it's the fish's fault if I don't, or anyone else I see, I never blame my tackle cos I chose it and that would be my fault. It's certainly not my fault.
I hate a blank session.

wanderer

Reaction score
Simply learn from your mistakes, prebait, fish the given catch window for the conditions and time of year, watch your rigs on any given day and adapt to conditions, if it means fishing lighter do it , fish the snags, dont follow the crowd, never beleive that one peg will produce day after day, use your eyes and your instincts, play the percentages, accept some days it aint going to happen and then you will be an angler my son, ala Kipling.