Brew kit ?

tigger

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
These are good little stoves but I have a very similar one (go outdoors own) and it ws only about eight quid.

MSR Pocketrocket Cooking Stove

MSR do several other more expensive stoves but if it's only gonn'a be used for short fishing trips I can't see the point in blowing loads of money on them, i'd rather buy some more fishing kit with the extra coin....jmo.

billbob1

Reaction score
I know this is an oldish thread but just wanted to add that I use a tiny stove called the trangia triangle. It works with a standard trangia burner and is perfect for a fresh brew when travelling really light. It is not the cheapest but I dont think you will find a more compact set up for boiling a kettle anywhere.

peterjg

Reaction score
When I go night fishing I still use an old Primus No. 96 stove, it's great. I bought it second hand many years ago and it still keeps going, it was made in 1934. It runs on paraffin and is primed with meths. There is no running out of gas half way through cooking a fry-up!

Pete Shears

Reaction score
I think the the biggest hurdle to overcome is the weight of the water,doesn't matter how it is heated it just weighs so much especially if you're supplying mates & the bailiff with drinks.