Britford - Hampshire Avon

Noel80

Reaction score
It's a fishery I would like to fish one day.

This is a short (7 mins) video which people here may find interesting. Dr Mark Everard fishing at Britford.

Britford Roach

You'll need Flash player etc. The site is a bit temperamental. One minute it will say "not available" but the next minute it will work fine.

Peter Jacobs

Staff member
Reaction score
The swim where this chap starts the video is where I put GM a couple of years ago, and guess what?

He blanked!

Mind you, so did I, it was the last weekend of the season, it was freezing cold and there was an upstream wind that resulted in a 12" 'chop' on the surface.

Not the best of conditions.

R

Richard Drayson

There's an article on Britford in the Nov issue of TCF magazine. It features Dr Mark Everard trotting for a variety of species.

Makes a pleasant change from reading about subjects such as 'heather the leather' (have I got the right magazine /forum/smilies/embarassed_smiley.gif, method mixes, back leads and pole winders!!!

Claudia Crowther

Reaction score
I totally agree with you Richard... it was nice to see Stewart the waterbailiff in the picture too and a mention of the work he puts in...Stewart is a great guy and goes out of his way to help you.....I remember the first time I fished Britford...as per usual I carried far to much kit.....Stewart loaded my gear on to his old 4x4 and drove me to a swim he recommended to me.

R

Richard Drayson

I've only fished at Britford a couple of times but I simply love it there. I have to say that I really do miss fishing the Avon since moving away to Surrey four years ago.

I also miss fishing the Test a great deal as I used to live just a 10 minute drive away!

Fortunately, I've just organised two trips to the Test later this month. Those roach had better be feeding!