Bubbles and bubbles....

R

Ron Troversial Clay

Of course I'm right. Go and and a look at a spirit level and you will see why. Look at the texture and size of a spirit level bubble. The size is perfect as is that lovely languid way it settles.

Not have a look at other fish bubbles. Carp bubbles are two big and approach the surface much too quickly. And they pop too soon, avoiding easy collection.

Tench bubbles are much too small and have no value at all.

But the bream. Ah! - such magic exquisitly
shaped bubbles of the right size that stay on the water's surface long enough for the collector to get many in a session.

No wonder that a good bream bubble cost as much as a fiver.

J

jason fisher

ok so where did the second half of my last post go?

it should have said lobs are my favourite bait for bubblers, but i've never really had any success on dendras for anything.

S

Stuart Dennis 2

I was in B&Q yesterday and looking at the spirit levels available. I did see the bream levels as mentioned by Ron and I also saw the min levels made from tench bubbles (specifically used for wood working) in addition there in fact carp bubble spirit levels so I've got to disagree with you there Ron, although in your defence they did say that they were new out on intended for a new breed of commercial tactics.

I've never caught carp whilst targeting roaming fish with maggot but have with lob worms!