Canoeists on our rivers

P

paul williams 2

I take to a canoe from time to time.

It can be very exhilerhating.....i know someone who crossed the Atlantic in a canoe.

It's a big enough World if we all know what we are doing.......some don't know what they are doing with a fishing rod some with a canoe!!

J

Jeff Spiller

I think your right Paul, it's about the person not the hobby, there are decent people that respect other and there are people that don't.

B

BAZ (Angel of the North)

Jeff.
Although Fileynet and myself belong to different clubs, we are both very involved in what happens on our waters. I think it is very clear that we both know things about this canoeing situation that some of you others do not see.
Belive me mate, we know what we are talking about.

Steve Spiller

Reaction score
Spill the beans Baz.

It's all very good you and Filynet telling us what might happen, what do you know that us mere mortals don't know?

It's like saying "okay, sign this petition cos I say so!"...........Why? Give us the full story, we don't live on a different planet, just a different part of the country.

J

Jeff Spiller

Fair enough Baz, I am only looking at it through my experience of canoing and I have not had any bad experience's whilst fishing, but I no there can be some right tosser's out there.
The type of canoing that I do is open canoing ( the type Ray Mears paddle's )
and I go out for the peace and tranquility of being out on the water.
About the only free water in the south is the river Wye, all the rest of the river you need a permit,which you pay for and can only be paddle at certain time's of the year.
I alway's exercise caution when approaching fishermen and give a wide birth.
That's me and my idea of canoing, but I know lot's of other's don't see it that way.