Carp Compo 12th June 2002

M

Mike Lee

Stu, I've kept quiet up 'till now but I'm in the catering business.
Would you like me to bring 3.6 Kg of best back bacon, 4.5 Kg of sausages and 40 of my finest burgers?
Sorry the offer's a bit late but I've been working (?) for the past few days...

GrahamM

Managing Editor
Reaction score
Southern gits! Come on you northern lads, are you leaving me to take this all on my own? You know how easily I get upset.

Stuart Dennis

Reaction score
we should be quite well sorted Mike but if your offering mate and its a freebie, then bring what you can please. I also need you to confirm if your gonna be there for rotos thai meal on the tuesday afternoon?

GrahamM

Managing Editor
Reaction score
You're all just preparing the excuses beforehand...........

M

Mike Lee

I'm planning to arrive at 0630 tomorrow morning Stu.
Yup, Thai sounds good to me mate.
If I bring the food (and of course it's a freebie geezer!) I'd like to think it'll be used.
Who's doing the BBQ - I could speak to them direct...

Stuart Dennis

Reaction score
Does that mean you dont mind helping out then Graham? Cheers I'll take that as a yes, so your now in the car park swim! enuf said, before you change your mind!

GrahamM

Managing Editor
Reaction score
I actually like car park swims. Apart from them being easier to get to, I enjoy the extra challenge of having to catch fish from those swims which are usually avoided by those who want to appear macho by walking a long way.

I don't mind helping out Stuart, I'll do anything except open my wallet. And I don't eat much.

Stuart Dennis

Reaction score
Nice one Graham , really appreciated mate. Mike, my mobile number is on the previous page for tomorrow, we'll meet you there!

G

Gary Knowles

Stu,

Me and the old fart will be arriving around 7.00 - 7.30am so I would expect the bacon on my butties to be crispy with plenty of brown sauce. I'll give you a ring half an hour before we arrive so you can have them ready !!!!!!!

Graham - don't bother arguing with the southerners, just let them keep handicapping us in any way they keep coming up wih and we'll just let our fishing do the talking...

Stuart Dennis

Reaction score
No problems Barney, will do! And as your coming from so far north I’ll be exceptionally welcoming towards you. Not sure if you know or not, but in the olden days, it was a well known and documented tradition to welcome guests from the northern regions with culinary delights from the sea to accompany their breakfasts. To show my respect and kind wishes, I will upheld this tradition Barney and will personally garnish your bacon sandwich with a traditional ‘oyster’, I’ll prepare it when I wake up as I believe all coughed-up lung tissue should be served medium rare with the benefits of morning dew!

Stuart Dennis

Reaction score
EMAIL SENT TO THE FARROW FAMILY

Hi Di, Hi Richard, hope you are well?

The big day is nearly upon us with the ‘James Farrow Memorial Trophy 24 HOUR CARP COMPO. I’ll be heading off about 02:00 tomorrow morning to get there for at 4am. I’ll be meeting some f the guys and fishing through to the Wednesday morning in which the complete team will be turning up for the big day. We are all prepared and ready to roll and although I wont be able to relax until everyone’s there and sorted out, I’m actually really excited about the whole thing. It’s like being a seven year old child again on Christmas Eve waiting to open my presents.

All the boys have put everything they can into making this event special and are all feeling honoured that you allowed us to name this in the memory of James. We won’t let you down and we’ll make you both very proud of us all at Fishing Magic. My mobile will be on at all times if you feel the need to get in touch.

There is a wonderful piece on the homepage of www.fishingmagic.com in honour of James and the event, written by Graham who also sends his kindest regards.
We’ll be toasting James on Wednesday Night and we’ll proceed with a minutes silence on Thursday morning. We’ll be thinking of you so please take good care. I’ll keep you posted on how it all turns out.

Kindest Regards
Stuart, Cakey and all at Fishing Magic

P

paul clarke

I've been keeping an eye on the thread and as its nearly here i'd just like to wish everyone good luck for the compo. Stu , any odds on who the favourites might be ? Paul

Stuart Dennis

Reaction score
Sorry Paul, theres no odds on favourites, just dead certs, I mean what would you expect after a four week long pre-baiting campaign?

R

Rodney Wrestt

Good luck everyone, may your nets bulge as much as your bellies after the barbie and may there be a chair available for you when you get pi......tired. ;o}~

G

Gary Knowles

Stu - sound OK to me. Not much difference to a snotty egg being bunged on then !

Stuart Dennis

Reaction score
Belive me when I say Barney, that theres no-one going to the compo that excites me enough to rustle up my bodily fluids in order to serve you up a snotty egg mate!

Unless of course, you can wear something skimpy for me?

W

Warren 'Hatrick' (Wol) Gaunt

'like a bream sack covered in slime'

Oh dear.

This week i will be mostly fishing with the door zipped up!