CARP COMPO

Stuart Dennis

Reaction score
Thats right, I mean we wouldn't want everyone dozing off whilst reading it would we?, you DRULL Git!

W

Warren 'Hatrick' (Wol) Gaunt

Oooops, i did it again.......

Next year, i will be arriving late afternoon to do the BBQ, say 4.45pm. I knew the moment i pulled in that this is gonna see me 100% bollocks'd, Rik wiv a glass of wine that must take a litre, full, and thats after just polishing of a bottle of port. Geez, it was 7.30 am man. I thought a coffee was a good idea then Rik handed me a glass of wine, so from then on it was all down hill from me. I do apologise sincerely if i pi**ed any one of you off, i was in rather a pickle. Hope you all enjoyed the BBQ anyhow, Oi, wanna a burger, dear oh dear. Was i drinking whiskey? Last time i had that stuff was around 3 years ago and i fell out the pub into the road and got hit by a car, thats after having my eyebrows shaved off and the centre of my head also shaved off whilst i was comatosed in the pub. Anyhow, thank you all for putting up for me, 'The Carp Compo Clown' i guess sums it up, looking forward to next year and doing a hopefully better job of the BBQ, if i'm allowed!!!!!

G

Gary Knowles

Warren,

Take no notice of them, your a star mate. If it werent for you eveyone would be taking the piss out of me !!!!

BBQ was spot on mate, my teeth are still black but it was worth it. If its any consolation Rik and i were on the port at 6.30am, and red wine and strong lager and...err well we'd better not go any further.

don't apologise for nothing mate, front it out and deny everything - that's what I do anyway !!!!!!

R

Roto Fryer

but we have film of you both and that will be interesting to see wont it?

Ozz Buchan

Reaction score
Barney,
as i'm the one who lent G.D the controller float then in my reconing it makes it even! it makes it 5.9 each
MATCH DRAWN
NORTH 5.9 SOUTH 5.9

J

JEDI (Jr) DAVE

Only one inconsistency in Gary's post.
The "pre-baited swim",i fished the previous night. I caught from an unfished swim as a another angler(northern i believe) was in the pre-baited one. Also,the fish i caught today(18lb 2oz's,linear,etc,etc),expertly neetted by none other than the man himself, Big Rik, was from the swim Graham(northern i believe)fished during the compo.
Match Drawn? I don't think so Boy's.Sorry.
P.S.Thanks for the controller Ozz. I have retired it to a life of luxury. :)))
Great time,wonderful bunch of blokes,top entertainment(Cheers Warren)and a load raised for charity.
Next Year? Wish it was tomorrow!
G.D.

Stuart Dennis

Reaction score
Warren, if for any reason you say you can't come next year, you will be hunted down and shot mate, or even worse we're remove all your beautiful boyish high-lites! (whats that all about you eighties poof?). Mate you were fantastic, you kept us all laughing (all-be-it not intentional on your front). You are a star mate and without a doubt, you made the whole event very special but with regard to you doing the BBQ next year, I'd rather sand paper my knob!

No way!!!, great entertainer - SHIT COOK!

Ozz Buchan

Reaction score
G.D.
I hope it's got pride of place with OUR trophy
Cheers m8
You earned it(ya could have bought one for the ammount of mixer you put in)

A

Alan Roe

From the quiet shy retiring member of the party....Many thanks it was a good laugh. Barney the sight of you tottering half dead out of your bivvy to try and play that 17'5 stone carp that gave you such a good run is on that Dave and I will not forget in a long time!!! Priceless!!!
Which reminds me Chub the bacon butties are on you......!

C

Carp Angler

"Lee had an eye-opener!"

The poor lad is probably scarred for life.
He did watch 20 blokes acting like 10 year olds.

Ozz Buchan

Reaction score
Hiya Rik,
yeah he said how am I gonna go into school
nd tell em we did some serious fishing?...
I told him to say that everyone just drank like a fish instead!
He can't wait for next year.......
Actually he said can we do it again next week...

P

Phil Hatton

Stuart,Cakey,thanks for a great event.I've never enjoyed myself so much catching sod-all.Warren;what can I say you are a star m8,thanks for the 'food' and the laughs.Big Rik,thanks for the coaching,I learnt a lot in a short time .To everybody else who showed up it was a pleasure to meet you all.On behalf of the lads at Second Chance who will benefit from your efforts, a big thank you.
G.D.;can I have my float back now please ?

S

Stuart Bullard

Alan, did you get your bivy back OK? Thanks again for that. What time did you get up??

A

Alan Roe

In Lytham St Annes we don't get up we 'Arise' and at night we 'Retire to bed'!
Yes Indeed I did get my bivvie back I arose at 9.30 after a good nights sleep.

Barney....there is a rumour going around that you supped an extra bottle of port that was destined for my clutches.....something to do with restoring your shattered nerves about being broken by a massive carp......!?

P

Paul Williams

Yeah right.....and in Gornal we rise AFTER a good nights sleep.....we call it p*** proud!!!! :)