Carp leads

nicepix

Reaction score
Why mess around with all that? just go into your local Tackle Shop (yes some still exist) and ask for some Sea Weights, my local shop sells them for 50p, in sizes from 1oz to 6oz. simples

Don't be silly. How could you possibly be seen on the bank with common sea leads. It would ruin all your credibility :eek:mg:

Seriously, you are right. There is a lot of suitable tackle that doesn't have the 'carp tax' applied.

Jim Crosskey 2

Reaction score
ive been going down the sea lead route to, then when they arrive I mix green and brown poster paint together and use it on the leads (put a couple of drops of both paints in an old plastic bottle, followed by the leads and give it a good shake)

if you want you can take a hammer to one to give you a flat shape.

I also make swimfeeders out of old plastic milk bottles (the 2 litre ones) and use these flattened leads inside them, they work a treat. And probably save you about £10 or more for some of the bits of the wye that I fish.

£2 a lead? And try and dump it every time? Of course Danny, no problem. In fact, why don't i just set up a direct debit.....

laguna

Reaction score
ive been going down the sea lead route to, then when they arrive I mix green and brown poster paint together and use it on the leads (put a couple of drops of both paints in an old plastic bottle, followed by the leads and give it a good shake)

if you want you can take a hammer to one to give you a flat shape.

I also make swimfeeders out of old plastic milk bottles (the 2 litre ones) and use these flattened leads inside them, they work a treat. And probably save you about £10 or more for some of the bits of the wye that I fish.

£2 a lead? And try and dump it every time? Of course Danny, no problem. In fact, why don't i just set up a direct debit.....

Its such a relief to know that the home-made float, feeder and lead pouring enthusiast is still alive n' kicking! :w

Beaker

Reaction score
Some good advice, thanks to all. I bought some leads off e bay, from Hippysleads and they are excellent.
I got some 2oz square pears an some 1oz and 2oz bombs ,28 leads in total for about £20 including p&p, and really good quality, highly recommended:):):)

robtherake

Reaction score
Don't be silly. How could you possibly be seen on the bank with common sea leads. It would ruin all your credibility :eek:mg:

Seriously, you are right. There is a lot of suitable tackle that doesn't have the 'carp tax' applied.

Paint them "carper's khaki" or coat in glue and roll them in sand so no-ones the wiser :wh