Carping. Too Complex, Range Pre-Occupied!

Reaction score
Although I'm not an all out carp chap I must try to stick up by saying some waters hold features far from the margins. Take Savay, you catch the carp close in as well as the tench but there's some fantastic sand bars out which the carp love and many have found these bars and do catch.
Oh I fish close in most of the time but its all good fun no matter where you cast at the end of the day :eek:).

T

The Monk

best fishing the far margins if your having a few girls round and a party in the bivvy anyway, huh these Tenchfishers no nothing.

Steve Tenchfishers

Reaction score
I am now closing all comment to this thread.
Thank you for your responses. I expected a few!
Tenchfishers do it in the margins IN MAY

F

Frothey

monk

do you have to rota the party's with the bloke who's fishing the far margin?

T

The Monk

monk

do you have to rota the party's with the bloke who's fishing the far margin?

Only if he sends the girls round afterwards Frothy

Steve Tenchfishers

Reaction score
No problems with carpers at all. 99% are pretty civilised. Just contrasting traditional methods and fish location with a fashion of chucking it out 100yds regardless. The kit and method seems to be a bit of a fashion even if the carp are in close. I do respect the skills needed to fish like this - but not sure it maximises catches when loads of carp come out to us in the margins where it seems few bolt rigs dare to tread......

T

The Monk

just shows how much you know about serious carp fishing Mr Clay, the special brew should be taken out to the deepest part of the lake by boat and left to chill for a while

L

Little Stu!

Why do "carpies" all fish at 80/120 yards when there are fish under their feet!

no problems with carpers at all -YEAH CLEARLY!!!!!

B

Big Malc

"Why do "carpies" all fish at 80/120 yards when there are fish under their feet!"

"Carpies" only fish at 80 to 100 yards when the carp are found at 80 to 100 yards mush!

You might find one or two prats casting to the horizon for no apparent reason, but is that good reason to tar all with the same brush?

Contrary to ignorant, popular opinion, some carpers do actually fish the margins - near margins at that!

L

Les Clark

Steve ,It`s you thats reading the wrong mags ,what a load tosh , try to get the facts before you shout your mouth off .

W

Warren 'Hatrick' (Wol) Gaunt

lets have a joke, calm it all down eh, you'll like this......

There was a priest walking down by the river one day when a fisherman spotted him and invited him to fish with him for a while, the priest excepts.

30 minutes later the priest catches a huge fish and pulls it on the the side of the river, the fisherman overwelmed with the priest's catch says " Jesus thats a big F***er".

The priests being a man of the cloth tells the fisherman off for using such foul language but the fisherman being a quick thinking bloke explains that the fish is actually called a F***er, the priest apologises for going off at the fisherman.

Not long after the priest bids farewell to the fisherman and takes his fish back to the monastry where he see's the Bishop.

"Hey Bishop look at this big F***er I caught", the Bishop yelled at the priest for useing such foul language, the priest explained that the fish was called a F***er.

The Bishop apologises and says "well how about I go clean the F***er".

After cleaning the fish the Bishop runs into the Mother superior, "look at this big F***er the priest caught", the mother superior looked shocked and yelled at the Bishop for using such foul language in a place of worship, the Bishop then explained that the fish was called a F***er, the mother superior apologises and says " how about I go cook the F***er".

Well, that night the Pope, allmighty leader of the Catholic religeon comes around for dinner.

There seated at the table when the mother superior brings in the fish on a plate and places it on the table.

The priest with a big smile on his face says " I caught that F***er " then the Bishop says "and I cleaned the F***er" then the Mother superior says " and I cooked the F***er".

The Pope stares at them with a steely gaze then all of a sudden drops a massive fart, kicks off his slippers and puts his feet on the table, sculls a straight shot of whiskey and lights up a cigar then says "hey do you know you c***s are all right".

L

Little Stu!

excellent joke Wol, superb, funniest thing I've heard in a while.

nearly as funny as when I fisrt saw it one here a few months ago!
Minger!