Cat Deterrents

R

Richard Huggett 1

Can I suggest a cheap and effective way of removing cats from gardens ? Use a water pump connected to one them sensor thingies that come with your garden lights....you know the sort of thing, marketed as a security lamp.
Hook the pump up in place of the lamp, drop the pump into a barrel of water and try to aim the spread of water roughly where said cat craps....cat comes in garden, goes to it's favourite spot ready to enjoy the second best feeling known to animals and trips the sensor.....cat gets WET !!!
Cats don't like water full stop...end of story.

No monkey shit, no lion shit...no bullshit !!

Merv Harrison

Reaction score
What Baz also failed to mention, is that the other reason the end is pointed, is that if it was squared off, their arses would close with a clap (rather like applause), thus giving away their location.

Merv Harrison

Reaction score
I know of many things, SOME of which would make your hair (well perhaps not yours Baz) stand on end, and I have'nt been to South Africa.

T

tom riordan

There is a powerful chemical that will get rid of cats and foxes and it works, we use it around the farm where our company is based. It is called Renardine http://www.roebuck-eyot.co.uk/
Do a google for renardine to find an outlet near you.

Baz

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
Are they as informative and usefull as mine?

And I have thought a number of times that Merve the terve sounds mighty farmiliar, unless there are two of you.

M

mel Crighton

bury chain link fencing in lawn hook up to mains at night good bye pussy cat /foxy...next to that try a mine field

Baz

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
Very good Mr. Harrison sir, I have a feeling we will be meeting in boot camp very shortly.

W

Wolfman Woody

"next to that try a mine field". Are Claymoors any good Mel? I would imagine they would work safely providing you don't point them at the house.

Merv Harrison

Reaction score
Fella in a local town, put electrified wire round his garden to keep out next doors small dog, unfortunately he wired it to the mains, fried the dog, total wipe-out. Got a hefty fine, and ultimately had to move house.

R

Rod MacAskill

Think I have got a bit lost! Can anybody direct me to a fishing website?

M

michael rouse

My cat is really fat,lazy and harmless.Another cat from next door terrorises my cat whenever it comes into the garden.There are fields behind the house so why dosent it go there.My solution to the problem is to get my dog(minature snoutser and another fat pet) to look at the cat from behind the windows and then let it out.It runs after the cat like a bat out of hell.Its not just a solution to your problem..........its so funny.

D

Danny Lancaster

Just sent a mail for some of the Renardine Odour Repellent. Many Thanks for that Tom Riordan.

If that fails, the rigging up of the water pump/security lamp sensor suggested by Richard seems a good one to try.

Thanks everyone

D

Deck Monkey

Of course, theres the old standby of applying toe cap to chuff piece if you can catch the bugger. My cat is a wuss and although she craps on her own territory (usually the lawn, little git), she get terrorized by all the local un-neutered toms who also crap on the lawn. However, at least 60% of them have now felt my wrath (or at least the toe of my boot) and tend to stay away.

While we're on the subject - un-neutered toms are incredibly anti social and the owners are irresponsible.

J

jason fisher

if you live in a housing association property you can report them to the association if they are causing trouble then they will do something about it such as enforcing neutering for cats which are repeatedly spraying your property.
don't have cat trouble since i got my lurcher.
she cahses everything from joggers to motrocycles and great big shire horses so a cats just a bit of light entertainment.

G

Gary Knowles 2

I've found that having a border terrier that grabs them by the neck worries them then throws them against the fence has had the desired effect.....

Before the border I had a 'gat' gun. Didn't have the same effect as my border though...

J

jason fisher

it got a bit worrying once when the shire horse got hacked off and she came back at full speed with the shire horse following her though.