Catfish fish-in 2007

Neneman Nick

Reaction score
Les,does your oval plus leak when raining??? There seems to be small pin prick type holes near to where the brolly is connected to the ribs.Just wondering if a smear of silicon on the wee holes will do the trick or do i go and buy an overwrap???

pcpaulh

Reaction score
Cheers Nick, I'll remember that as it looks great.

Les if the forecast is looking bad and you really don't mind that would be great. The weather seems to be picking up though :)

Steaker de Lurker

Reaction score
.......... and the weather, I don't care!
One pop-up gazebo, one river tent, one huge brolly, one sti II man bivvy, 3 all weather suits, boots to suit, bed chair, guest chair, bivvy table, food bags, tackle bags, bait bags, pod bags, alarm bags, lights, trolley ......... 'kinnell! ... where am I gonna stash the rods? ......... anyone driving by the south coast?

Steaker de Lurker

Reaction score
Thanks Les, I <u>really</u> appreciate the offer, but I'm early doors on Friday.
Fortunately there's a circus passing through and one of the elephants has room in his trunk.

Nice to know at least one person on here takes me seriously.

........ an ice cold pinta for me corn-flakes on Saturday morning would go down nicely........ STOP!!

Sorry Les I can't help it ..... don't take anything I say seriously .... it's the world I live in. I will have the kettle on though and that's a promise.

Steaker de Lurker

Reaction score
Only 7 days left for me and 8 for you ....... that's what you get for living the wrong side of the international date line!

Steaker de Lurker

Reaction score
Barbless are pretty common all round nowadays under catch and release.
The contact details are for the bailiff who lives on site, but why phone him? ........ when you can talk in person in 7 days ......... only 6 for me!

pcpaulh

Reaction score
Les not sure how that works though as last year he gave me and Matty barbed hooks to use for the cats so he obviously uses them.

Steaker de Lurker

Reaction score
He did the same with me and gave the nod on lifting 'lives' from the brook, but it was on a 'keep it under your hat basis' .......... I'm beginning to think that despite what it says in the rules, the breaking of said rules is prolific amongst the fishery staff ....... though what the heck!

Reaction score
I don`t want to speak to him ,i just wanted to know that if i set out for that address i will end up at the lakes not at some house 5 miles down the road .
I hope that you chaps know of a few cat rigs ,i will make some up with quicksilver ,based on pike rigs and take it from there .

Neneman Nick

Reaction score
For live baiting i was thinking along the lines of a pike fishing paternoster type set up,with a sunken float.You would have to swap the wire trace for the quicksilver.
Other than that,i don`t think you would have to use any really too fancy.Variations of a standard running ledger set up should suffice...perhaps a popped up dead bait,a dead bait on the deck,perhaps mick browns kebab style rig???
What i really want is something thats gonna grab a cats attention,something thats in their face,something that they really bloody well want to munch on.

Wendy Perry 2

Reaction score
Guys, i am going to have to give this a miss! I'm gutted, i am getting moaned at home as i have been away fishing for a week, then been away this week doing my coaching course, so i can't do it!

I hope to come on the next one you have.

Sorry once again guys! :O{