Centrepin reel stopped working

nicepix

Reaction score
I think T-C is spot on about having something to put the reel right out on the bank. On some of the older true centrepins grit or groundbait can and will get into the workings at some point. Match Aerials were very prone to becoming clagged up with groundbait. I use a microfibre cloth of the type normally used to clean lenses and spectacles, and a tiny bottle of clipper oil to do the spindle and bush. Apart from the obvious spindle or bearings to clean it is also worth mentioning that the edge of the spool and the inside of the flange are also prone to becoming clagged up or having grit between the moving parts. They can be wiped down with a clean damp cloth.

I've never seen a TFG pin but I would imagine as it is a newer type the bearings will be better protected than the old reels. There is no need to sell it. Just enjoy using the reel.

john step

Reaction score
Tee Cee you have shamed me about my centre pin maintenance. I have just been out and done the necessary cleaning and lube job. They don't 'arf spin well now:eek:mg: