CEYMAR HD! Out Of Box Full On Review!

Scuba Chris

Reaction score
Okuma's Ceymar HD spinning reel line won BEST NEW REEL in Nov.2022 at the Big Rock Canada Show!

Today i just received a nice box from Okuma USA with the new Ceymar HD CHD-1000A spinning reel in it for me to try. Right off the bat 2 items impressed me. The 7+1 bearings was the first. And on a 1K size spinner? But wait, it gets better. The Max Drag rating is 11lbs! Again on a 4K spinner?

I can see why it won Best New Reel! This is by no means a reel for baiting large predators. It's a heavily stocked finesse reel with oomph! I plan on filling it with 4lb monofilament line from Soft Steel. I already know my targeted species. In Hawaii it's the Big Eyed Scad. Young Scads are called halalu & the adults are akule.

The young are finicky during the day. You must use light 2-4lb monofilament line with equally lighter leaders often 15-25ft in length. Remember i did say finicky. These are tasty raw or fried. They make great bait whole or cut. I plan on using my Fishon Spooler by Sportsman Innovation to spool my own line on. It's actually very easy & satisfying to spool your own line on.

Once the winter weather eases up a bit i'll spool some line on & will go out testing it. I'm sure it'll perform better than the angler.

Attachments

• 1-Pic.jpg
    1-Pic.jpg
    1.2 MB · Views: 50