Cheshire Carp record

S

Steven West

Now that i've got your attention, do any of you know what the Cheshire carp record is and from where it was caught?

M

Marker

as far as i know,its a fish that was known as 'the duke' caught from farmwood pool aka chelford sand pit at around 46lb and ounces i think.the fish is unfortunately dead,and i know of no other bigger fish from the cheshire area....mind you,its full of secret squirrels so who knows.....? lol
cheers mark.

C

carpin chris

Yes mark is right about the duke being the offical record ;) but then there's the unoffical one. and the 50 out of the River Weaver ofcourse ;)Sorry Mark did you want to keep that quiet :) i know you are on the Weaver.

M

Marker

lol....you should have said '40lb weaver common' chris,you could have got away with that one,as some people still think it really exists!!!.
theres not many 40lb fish in cheshire,i think there is another in farmwood (slate grey),but after that one,and the spawned up marley tiles fish,theres not much else thats known.
i have an idea that a water in your neck of the woods might do a 40 in the next couple of years or so,do you know of any others???
cheers mark.