Chester anglers take the fight over rights to Parliament

Paul C

Reaction score
No.

Just checked. It's £12, no waiting list, no joining fee, no other conditions.

Paul C

Reaction score
ps better value than day tickets even if you don't use the other 200+ waters.

B

Baz (Angel of the North)

I would have thought that for insurance/safety purposes, that a junior must be accompanied by an adult/Parent on a river like the Dee? especially if a club had the lease.

But no maybe not then, I find that very strange in this day and age.

Twitcher

Reaction score
No worries Baz but 'P.A. are not backward in coming forward either', 'It takes two to tango, and it seems there has been some dirty dancing going on here' and 'I would have thought that P.A. were too big to pull a stroke like this' could be construed as having a pop so to speak?

We may have to agree to disagree on the pros and cons of PAAS and otherlarger wellrun clubs. As already alluded to however; I believe PAAS is a first rate and veryhonorable angling assosiation.

Neil

B

Baz (Angel of the North)

Twitcher.

Sorry mate, I take your point, but things get taken out of context very quickly on this site mate.

I too think P.A. are an honorable club. That is why I find it so strange as to what has happened, Re: no day tickets.

Lord Paul

Reaction score
Twitcher

If there's mile of un fished water who is going to patrol it? And a few young 'un fishing is never going to go to caught

Paul C

Reaction score
Not sure about if they have to be accompanied.

However, if the Dee isn't a safe place for juniors to be unaccompanied, it kind of kills the argument that it's depriving a few local kids from having the odd dabble there.

filynet

Reaction score
Baz,

Again you are hypocritical when WAA aquired the fishing rights for Balderstone it was supposed to allow daytickets but the Committee of WAA colluded with the land owner and found away around this and hence no day tickets allowed,I know for a fact PAAS where interested in this water at the time but did not take it on as it was a condition of the lease that day tickets would be made available as they always had been in the past.

So which club had principles?

I did not here Baz Fleming fighting the corner of the dayticket angler then as he does now again you really are taking the biscuit.

And as for the goomers whom advocate poaching what are you doing on a website such as this?, but then again it does seem to attract a large proportion of the misplaced or misunderstood guesters should I say.

Lord Paul

Reaction score
Guester with 2019 post - Sir I think you need to look again at who here is the guester.

Or should thatbe Jester?

What i'm saying is if no one is fishing these waters - why is it so wrong to fish - you can alway say - well I'll join then

filynet

Reaction score
With the best Respect Sir 2000 plus posts of dribble whoms braggin

Lord Paul

Reaction score
<blockquote class=quoteheader>filynet wrote (see)</blockquote><blockquote class=quote>With the best Respect Sir 2000 plus posts of dribble whoms braggin</blockquote>

Not BRAGGIN whatever that is - is this some local phrase as is goomer?

My 2020 post are all dribble - you're spot on - I take it you have read them all

My point is how I'm not the guester here but may be a jester I'll not dispute that

Lord Paul

Reaction score
Sir I've looked up Goomer

and it means one who gooms - to wait outside ladies toilets and become sexualy aroused by the sounds in side - you'll hear from my legal team - Crimpfoot, Picket and Golightly

Lord Paul

Reaction score
Have you gone to bed Sir or are you at this moment taking legal advice yourself- I'll have my day in court!

I

Ian Cloke

Couldn't the day tickets be sold by the local tackle shop? Thereby anglers can collect them whilst getting their bait, and the tackle shop would earn a commission from the sales...

B

Baz (Angel of the North)

Sorry Paul C.

It doesn't kill anything. When a lease such as this one is let, the question will always arise, who takes care of the day tickets? It just seems odd that the day ticket issue has vanished into thin air.

It could even be that the council want to get rid of this stretch and lease it off, because of the responsibility and cost of keeping the banks safe is getting too much for them. P.A. would have known about the day ticket issue as it would or should have been part of the agreement.
You are talking absolute rubbish Filynet, and keep your silly playground taunts off this thread. The issue here is why are P.A. not selling day tickets for the stretch at Chester? And the sole reason why Wendy Locker and partner are taking the council to task over it.

W

Wolfman Woody

"Well actually that includes a one off 50% joining fee and gives access to 200+ waters including other stretches of the Dee, making it the best value card around ! "

Only good value (at £180) if you can get around to most of the 200+ waters. What about those that cannot drive, the very elderly and the disabled? Maybe there are concessions, but what about those who simply cannot afford to lash out £180?

This is why I am with Evan on this issue and I favour the ASSOCIATION rather than big club. OK, I am the secretary of an Association, but that's for the very good reason that our purpose is to provide plenty of excellent venues for the barest minimum in cost. Ours only offers 5 waters, but the cost is just £3 per year so about the same as the lowest day ticket.

Take a look at the fantastic Birmingham AA. Absolutely wonderful value and I think it's still less than £25 per year. Or Reading AA, so why can't there be a NORT WEST AA and allow all clubs and individuals to join up?