Classified ads

B

Bill Cox

Am i missing something or is there no direct link into the classifieds. Only way in i can find is through Tackle, and then second hand. Maybe if old marsbar put a proper link in then people maybe aware its there and use it more. Just a thought.

B

Bill Cox

Also graham they are not exactly user freindly either, i just clicked on 10 different sections only to be told "no matches found"(empty) surely you could just list what people are selling, maybe fishing and non fishing? put a time limit on how long it stays there to keep the thing tidy and that way people could scroll through quickly and easily.

The Monk

Reaction score
Yes as you scoll down the makers they doesnt appear to be a camera or Nikon F5 section Mint condition for £299 body only, or a section for stuffed fallow deers heads complete with large palmate anklers, ideal over anglers fire place, for only £60 ?/forum/smilies/smile_smiley.gif

GrahamM

Managing Editor
Reaction score
<blockquote class=quoteheader>Bill Cox wrote (see)</blockquote><blockquote class=quote>Also graham they are not exactly user freindly either, i just clicked on 10 different sections only to be told "no matches found"(empty) surely you could just list what people are selling, maybe fishing and non fishing? put a time limit on how long it stays there to keep the thing tidy and that way people could scroll through quickly and easily.</blockquote>

Can't argue with that Bill, it's not user friendly and I hope tech will come up with something better in the near future.

But, all the ads can be accessed by just scrolling down the 'second hand' page.

From the top:
  1. Click on the 'Tackle' tab
  2. Then click on the 'Second hand' tab directly underneath
  3. Scroll down to bottom and all the classified ads can be accessed from there (all being 4!)
  4. If you want to place an ad click on 'Post an advert' right at the bottom of the page
  5. Select the brand, but if it's not listed select 'other' from the appropriate category. For a camera select 'other' in Accessories.
  6. Type in the product name
  7. Then fill in the short description and the full description
  8. Upload an image
  9. Fill in price and contact number
  10. Click 'continue'

Altogether too complicated

JIMMY---PAAS

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
<blockquote class=quoteheader>Graham Marsden wrote (see)</blockquote><blockquote class=quote><blockquote class=quoteheader>
</blockquote>

But, all the ads can be accessed by just scrolling down the 'second hand' page.

From the top:
  1. Click on the 'Tackle' tab
  2. Then click on the 'Second hand' tab directly underneath
  3. Scroll down to bottom and all the classified ads can be accessed from there (all being 4!)
  4. If you want to place an ad click on 'Post an advert' right at the bottom of the page
  5. Select the brand, but if it's not listed select 'other' from the appropriate category. For a camera select 'other' in Accessories.
  6. Type in the product name
  7. Then fill in the short description and the full description
  8. Upload an image
  9. Fill in price and contact number
  10. Click 'continue'

Altogether too complicated</blockquote>Too complicated. Yes for some members.

B

Bill Cox

appologies Graham, i did not scroll to the bottom, thinking you had to pick out individual sections. Still needs a direct link though.

Jimmy, just remember your a convicted reprobate awaiting sentence and i have the ear of judge Baz. Nothing worse then an uppity Jock/forum/smilies/angry_smiley.gif

GrahamM

Managing Editor
Reaction score
Just in case anyone thinks otherwise I wasn't being sarcastic, the process of adding a classified ad is too complicated and hopefully will be addressed soon.

JIMMY---PAAS

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
<blockquote class=quoteheader>Graham Marsden wrote (see)</blockquote><blockquote class=quote>

Just in case anyone thinks otherwise I wasn't being sarcastic, </blockquote>
Graham: I don,t think that anyone would think that. Your just keeping things right. Mind you we should all know it. ( Which threads are for what)/forum/smilies/angel_smiley.gif

Deanos

Reaction score
Stop moaning about people flogging "buck-she" stuff on FM Shorty...you will be after this I can tell you!

FOR SALE!

"EDNA DEANOS"

(GRANDMAOF DERRICK DEANOS)

SHE IS A GAME OLD BIRD FOR 79, WHO NOW ONLY WORKS 6 DAYS A WEEK MAKING POTTED MEAT AND BOILING PIGS HEADS AT THE LOCAL BUTCHERS!

SHE WOULD BE A GREAT ASSET TO ANY BLOCK PAVING COMPANY, BOTH FOR HER TEA MAKING ABILITIES, AND THE FACT THAT SHE CAN STILL CHUCK PAVING STONES ABOUT (AS PROVEN AFTER BUILDING MY PATIO LAST SUMMER).

THE SALE IS NOT RELUCTANT, AS WE ARE SICK OF THE "OLD BILL" TURNING UP AFTER FORCED EJECTION FROM THE LOCAL WOMENS INSTITUTE, USUALLY OVER A ROW ABOUT WHY ARM WRESTLING IS MORE IMPORTANT TO WOMEN OF HER AGE GROUP THAN MAKING CAKES!

NO REASONABLE OFFER REFUSED...BUYER COLLECTS!

Merv Harrison

Reaction score
A serious question, if the Monk has been 'hauled over the coals' for his trying to do some lucky member a favour ie: virtually giving away his Nikon F5, and was told, nay, ORDERED to put his ad in the classifieds, why, looking at the above,is Mr Marsadayhelpyourestandplay not telling Deanos to do the same ?????

Flummoxed of Featherstone.

Merv Harrison

Reaction score
I have received an email stating,

"Should it not be Mr. MarsadayhelpsyouWORKrestandplay ???".

I did realise that, BUT, thought that if I mentioned 'work' he would'nt read it !!!.