Designer Baits

M

Mark Munday

I'am not sure how relevent my point is to you guys chasing big Barble, but my experiences on over-pressed carp and Tench waters in the south suggest that good old worms and maggies fished over hemp and pellet will outfish the hi-tech bait brigade on a lot of occasions.
My 14 year old son cant understand how "the old man" catches these fish on a float and a big bunch of worms!!!
when others on the pretty baits ain't catching.

C

Carp Angler

Ha, you been spying on me when I've been fishing on Nutsey again????????
If you were a bit taller, I'd see your head poking above the grass.......

Still on for a trip at some point?
I'm down Nutsey on Monday if you're about.

P

Philip Inzani

Got to agree that its good to see someone with Tonys experience visiting the site?I have a lot of respect for the guys who actually come on line rather than just lurk in the shadows picking up the odd good tip to rewrite in their columns!

Anyway, flavouring meat, dont know who mentioned it first, but I have to comment as I have a bit of a problem getting my head round it ?..I am not saying it does not work but Barbel eat meat because they like the taste. If your going to cover it in curry or whatever and fry it then wouldn?t it be more effective finding a better "carrier" than meat for your chosen flavour ?

What do you guys think ?

M

Malcolm Bason

Personally Phillip, i use the curry powder as an actractor on the meat. If I usually catch on a particular water with meat, but its quiet or bites even non-existent, they i use the curry powder to tempt them - to arouse the curiosity if you like - this soon disolves away but their interest is aroused. It does sometimes work for me. but as with most things like this, its trial and error!