Drilling pellets

W

Warren 'Hatrick' (Wol) Gaunt

Yes Mike, Doh, the secrets out, Welchy's gonna kill me!

Wendy Perry 2

Reaction score
Cheers everyone i got a tiny drill from B&Q now i have 40 drilled pellets... and also 40 drilled holes in my dining table haha.

Thanks for the advice, now i can go try catch some fish with this method.I will also get some glue for in my tackle box just in case!

R

Robert Woods (ACA)

Wendy,
Next time you go shopping go to "Claires" and ask for no snag hair bands-small size (?2 for 100). These I tie on short hair and attached pellets that have had a grove cut in them(I use a bit of hacksaw blade). No snag bands don't loose elasticity and are strong.

Wendy Perry 2

Reaction score
Cheers Robert, i'm always in that shop to!

Do you go and buy yours from there? haha.

W

Wolfman Woody

Wendy + super glue + pellets?

I can see her turning up at the weekend with hands all covered in superglued pellets. How are you going to drive woman?

David Craine

Reaction score
Another easy way is to tie on a hair without a loop, and glue two of the pea sized pellets "back to back" with the hair between them, I have used that method for some time, you can land several fish before they start to break down in the water.
you shouldnt get any glue on your fingers this way..
;0)

Wendy Perry 2

Reaction score
Woody ive made loads tonight, i've put all new line on my reels and i am ready to kick your ass! :0} with a nice new pellet waggler ;o}

Cheers david i'll try that one as well!

W

Wolfman Woody

Don't forget - braid is banned at Clattercote! Ok just for the hair, but hooklink must not be braid.

Shine

Reaction score
Wendy, I drill mine like this (please be very careful while doing this).

Get the smallest drill bit you have. Make the drill go as slow as you can. Push the pellet slowly onto the drill bit(not the drill bit onto the pellet).
Works 4 out of 5 times for me. I'm the same as baz, all broken ones go into a tub and I use them in a pva or throw a few in before I start fishing.

You can if you want leave them in water for a few hours and this will soften them. Keep you eye on them though or they go to soft.

G

Gary Knowles

hmmmm...30 post on how to drill a pellet in less than a day.

Is it really such an interesting subject or is there perhaps another reason that everyone is trying to be so helpful? ;o)

W

Wolfman Woody

Trying to beat you at Clattercote, that's all.

Nothing wrong with that.

T

trev matthews

I just want to know how Robert knew about the hair bands in Claires ?

john blundell

Reaction score
Possibly has been said before, as there are a lot of replies, but the faster the it spins the better. Fastest you can get the drill, plus don't put much pressure on. The smallest amounts, and keep clearning the bit by stopping the drill and clearning the bit coils.

Slower than you think, and you'll be slow enough!