''Ducking dog muck''.

peterjg

Reaction score
This is one of my pet (dog) hates. I don't know which is worse: the owner that just lets the dog sh!t on the canal towpath or the owner picking it up (if some one is looking) and then later throwing the bag of sh!t away a bit further along the towpath when he won't be seen, what cretins!

sumtime

Reaction score
I fell foul of the ginger mud a couple of months ago on a local lake, I knelt down in some reasonably long grass to unhook a fish and when I got up it was all over the knee of my bib 'n brace.

Dirty Barstewards!

I have a bit of a thing about this as I nearly died when I was six from a parasite which is left on grass months after dog $hit has broken down and gone.

Couldn't eat anything for months and ended up weighing next to nothing, my throat contracted so much that all I could consume was strained soup and they eventually discovered I had a tape worm from the damn stuff which was most likely picked up from a local park grass area.

Dirty, Dirty, Inconsiderate Barstewards!

If I had my way, those that knowingly leave it behind would have their bloody faces smeared with it.

Rant over :)

This (the parasitic thing) is my main reason for calling these dead beats, Binks, as some of you might know our daughter is terminally ill, almost lost her in 2013 due to an infection which we don't know where from, the consultants asked us the question but we'll never know. :(

B

binka

This (the parasitic thing) is my main reason for calling these dead beats, Binks, as some of you might know our daughter is terminally ill, almost lost her in 2013 due to an infection which we don't know where from, the consultants asked us the question but we'll never know. :(

I wasn't aware of your daughter's illness sumtime but I am truly, truly sorry to hear that and pray that everything goes as well as it can for all of you under the circumstances :(

john step

Reaction score
I have never heard a dog owner admit to being one of the dirty inconsiderate type. They all say they act responsibly. BUT SOMEONE LETS THEIR DOG DO IT ON THE PAVEMENTS.

Isn't it funny how it gets worse when the evenings get dark earlier and all those perfect owners are shielded by darkness.

They all seem to think it OK for pooch to cock their legs up wheelie bins and hedges that other house holders have to touch to maintain.

They don't exercise their dogs. They walk them to defecate in on the grass in front of someone elses home.

Thats it.. I better not get started on canal towpaths!!

The bad one

Reaction score
Nowt like dog sh1t to stir the bowls of vitriol of the human species.

True story this, on our Park's website one woman complained about the dog sh!t in the park and she wished people would clean it up, and rightly so of that there's no doubt. The fact that she has two dogs, English Bulls, which she never walks, but her hubby does and you guest it, he lets them sh!t in the park and walks on.
Suggested to her that she informs the park group, so we can get it dealt with via the dog wardens, of the people she knows who let their dogs sh!t in the park.

Strangely she's gone very quite and we've had no information off her whatsoever!

Last edited:

no-one in particular

Reaction score
Talking of c**p, here is a man who knows a thing or two. He's painting his house black in a town with about ten thousands seagulls in it and they will be nesting on his rooftop soon.. If I remember I will post a picture in 6 months time.

Funnily enough there's already one big dollop on the bit he painted yesterday, you cannot see it in the picture, I wonder if he will wise up!

Last edited:

barbelboi

Reaction score
Slightly off thread, there was an angler back in the 80's who used to fish from the canal tow path in Uxbridge that had his own way of slowing down speeding cyclists. He used to deposit plastic dog turd$ that he bought from a joke shop few yards either side of him along the path and it certainly worked. I often saw him as I used to take my (well behaved) dogs for a walk every morning along the Colne and then back along the GU....

tigger

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
Nowt like dog sh1t to stir the bowls of vitriol of the human species.

Oh there is Phil....human shyte is the worst shyte there is!
I have to give it at least a 12ft wide berth if I see some. That pile of shyte and the bits of stained bog roll makes me hair stand on end LOL.
I remember chopping some Hog wead down with JK and we came across a huge pile of humand shyte, I wouldn't go near it but JK just scooped it up with his shovel and wazzed it out the way. I said that i've have to throw that spade away now and he just laughed :D.

11alan111

Reaction score
ive got a 2 year old staffy which we had from 6 weeks old,and believe it or not we take him out 2/3 times a day and he will not wee or pooh when hes out,when we return from a walk he goes straight into the back garden and does what hes got to do.unfortunately when we take him round the housing estate we pass lots of pooh on the pavement and you can see people looking through their windows to see if he stoops.

team man

Reaction score
I used to run a small lake with a few members, I allowed members to bring their dogs to the lake but on several occasions I had to confront one of the members for not clearing up after his dog, the lake was inside a locked fenced area so it could only be members dogs.

When I gave up running the water the chap that took over from me banned dogs from the water, I often feel it's a thing I should have done, but being a dog owner myself I couldn't see why people couldn't clear up after their dog, I never go any where without a supply of poo bags in fact as I sit here typing I have at least half a dozen in my back pocket.

Last edited:

maggot_dangler

Reaction score
I would never take my dogs fishing, i have done so in the past, i only have ever owned working breeds, a Black Labrador champion gundog, tried to retreive everything i cast and chased ducks willy nilly, beloved border collies, used to disappear hunting for hours because they were bored, 2 German Shepherds, anyone approaching daddy was threatened in no uncertain terms, i love dogs, and fishing and the two dont mix, but dog muck deters the hairy fish killers, i dont prefer otters, the damage they do is enormous.
But one the other hand otters are a native species to the country but it seems people would rather an invader like carp than an Indigenous species like Otters.

You lie in the bed you make for yourself, I would far rather the otters any day of the week...
PG

Sent from my 8055 using Tapatalk