EA Checked My Licence!

Cakey

Reaction score
Ive told this story before but the last time I was asked there was nine of us on a lake 7 gave false address's, I showed mine, my son took a producer because he had left his at home .
we sent a copy of my sons off which they denied getting and he ended up in court with a £69 fine
the 7 all got away with it ,my son felt hard done by
what makes me laugh is you can get away with it fo 10 years and then get a small fine and still be quids in

coelacanth

Reaction score
Is that one of those occasions similar to a spotty teenage party when a load of can-fondling blokes who were all after the same girl desperately tried to be pleasant to one another?.

So, who plays the "girl" at the FM Fish-ins? I'm guessing Corker?

I've been checked every year, I'm also on first-name terms with some of the local Fisheries staff because I took the trouble to phone up and ask to speak to them to make an appointment, met up with them by making a space in my diary, even if it meant not going fishing for that morning (the ones I know are committed, passionate, knowledgeable and constantly busy), talked about my perceived issues with my local waterways, asked them for their opinions and have subsequently seen action. I've got their direct e-mail addresses and mobile phone numbers for when needs be, building that relationship goes a long way.

While the person who answers the telephone on the switchboard may not always deliver ideal service, each and every time I've phoned them I've had a better result than when calling regarding problems with my gas, electricity supply, water, internet, mobile phone, credit cards, store cards etc. etc. etc. all of which are profit-making organisations with marketing budgets probably way in excess of the entire EA Fisheries budget.

Paul Morley

Reaction score
In January I visited my Ma in Lincs,. went Piking on a drain in the middle of nowhere. An EA van trundled down the road on the far bank.... rifles pocket for License... no, it's on the bedside chair at me Ma's... D'oh. Will he come back having crossed a bridge 1 mile away - you betcha!! God how embarrassing, first time in Lincs in 30+yrs and I don't have it. Luckily you can phone in and check which he did- nice professional guy stating they were upping the ante due to fish thefts and people eating stock in this part of the country. Excellent job, I thought, very welcome indeed.

Mithrandir

Reaction score
Oi! I'll have you know that at 6ft 2" and with a jaw like desperate Dan, there is no way I can play a girl.

tell that to some of the girls down here

---------- Post added at 14:40 ---------- Previous post was at 14:32 ----------

And back on thread, I have been checked twice in 5 years, once at Longleat, and once at Britford, where they were walking the river and were there at least 2 hours.

These guys do what they can, dressed in stab proof vests because some people do not like playing by the rules, all we do is knock them.

How do we think they could make better use of the money we send them every year? I for one do not really know enough about what they do to comment, but know they are informative and provide some support for us as anglers.

Illegal fishing and Trespass should really be the realm of the Police, but they too only pursue what they deem solvable cases. It is sad but true, there are so many willing to ignore the rules and help themselves that even the Authorities are giving up.

Nathan

Reaction score
I've been asked for my licence by the club bailiff but in 8+ yrs of fishing i've never ever seen an EA officer. I did however see an EA person checking the oxygen levels of my local canal last winter whilst i was pike fishing & we had a chat but he didnt ask to see my licence. I always carry my licence in my wallet 'just in case' and have been tempted to just not bother but i guarantee the first time im out fishing without it i'll get checked!

Sean Meeghan

Reaction score
Oi! I'll have you know that at 6ft 2" and with a jaw like desperate Dan, there is no way I can play a girl.

Have you grown since we last met? Mr Boote's much too posh fer the likes of us!

The last time I got checked was on the river Aire when I was grayling fishing. The poor bloke had walked at least 3 miles of river and I was the first angler he'd found!

rains

Reaction score
I've been asked for my licence by the club bailiff but in 8+ yrs of fishing i've never ever seen an EA officer. I did however see an EA person checking the oxygen levels of my local canal last winter whilst i was pike fishing & we had a chat but he didnt ask to see my licence. I always carry my licence in my wallet 'just in case' and have been tempted to just not bother but i guarantee the first time im out fishing without it i'll get checked!
same here i think nah i will save my money but i know better with my luck lol