'Earth's Wildest Waters: The Big Fish': BBC2

sumtime

Reaction score
Re: 'Earth's Wildest Waters: The Big Fish': BBC2

I'm still trying to come to terms with Matt Hayes having the gall to criticise someone else's fly casting :wh

Call the police........You was robbed Geoff!

My sentiments too, how he can criticise Geoff's casting when after all these years he hasn't mastered his own. :rolleyes: Can't believe how he has aged also.:eek:

Can you tell I'm not a lover of MH? :)

robtherake

Reaction score

Enjoyed the show but was bemused by the result. Never mind , Geoff, you managed to come over as a diamond geezer. Must have been great fun :)

barbelboi

Reaction score

Only watched it on 'on demand' as I knew you were on Geoff - you were certainly robbed - look forward to catching up with you at Hay next year...

PS Hope the tea hut's still standing......;)

Last edited:

nogoodboyo

Reaction score

I sometimes wish I was born 500 years ago.
You're either engaged in some pointless competitive pursuit or disappearing up your own backside and documenting every tiresome detail for the benefit of your imaginary friends.
I won't be watching next week.

slaphead

Reaction score

Just caught up with it tonight, shame you were voted off Geoff.

Great scenery, though.

Mark Wintle

Reaction score

I enjoyed it all the way through; more amazing, my wife enjoyed it.

geoffmaynard

Content Editor
Reaction score

You should know you only have to ask anyway. Mind you the river is so low and clear - it's fishing pants up here at the moment.

(Looks like we may have a tech problem - this is in reply to Flight's post; his quote is missing)

flightliner

Reaction score

You should know you only have to ask anyway. Mind you the river is so low and clear - it's fishing pants up here at the moment.

(Looks like we may have a tech problem - this is in reply to Flight's post; his quote is missing)

Geoff, all in jest but a very generous reply. Very unlikely for me to get so far these days from up here in Yorkshire, Never fished the wýe tho, it looks very nice.:).

Windy

Reaction score

+1 for the Matt Hayes is looking old schadenfreude.... then again, he's pobably not impressed with my ever expanding girth over the years :w

Possibly because we are used to seeing him ever-young on the repeats of his various early exploits on telly through Dave (?) etc. ?

And bad luck Geoff, but seriously, you need some professional help with your back cast :eek: (not that mine is anything to write home about)

Hat
Coat
Taxi....

Last edited:

geoffmaynard

Content Editor
Reaction score

+1 for the Matt Hayes is looking old schadenfreude.... then again, he's pobably not impressed with my ever expanding girth over the years :w

Possibly because we are used to seeing him ever-young on the repeats of his various early exploits on telly through Dave (?) etc. ?

And bad luck Geoff, but seriously, you need some professional help with your back cast :eek: (not that mine is anything to write home about)

Hat
Coat
Taxi....

It's a bit late for that Windy :) I've got nerve damage in my elbow from an old car accident. After 5 hours of casting a heavy lure on an 8 weight outfit it's always going to be rough.

thecrow

Reaction score

Just watched the latest episode (recorded) and have never seen such political correctness in an angling programme, trust the good old BBC.

tigger

Banned
Banned
Reaction score

Just watched the latest episode (recorded) and have never seen such political correctness in an angling programme, trust the good old BBC.

Sad in'it ! :eek:mg: