Eaten Alive!!!!!!!!

G

Gerry Castles

Problem is 'dahn sarf' theres nothing as down market as Rotherham to use as a comparison. Even Peckham looks good after that.

R

Ron Clay

What do you mean. We have htree of the smartist looking DSS offices in England. Tey are always very busy

G

Gerry Castles

Seriously, property comparisons are meaningless. What you buy for 48k up there might cost 248k down here. Market goes up by say 10% in a year. You made 4.8k, I made 24.8K. When it's time for me to retire Ill come and live in Rotherham and be known locally as 'loads of money' Trust me Ron I'm an estate agent.

G

Gerry Castles

Oh,and I forgot to mention I can get you a reasonable BMW for ?275 around South London, no ID numbers anywhere and only very small bullet holes.

R

Ron Clay

If you came to live in Rotherham Jerry you would need a passport and a blinking interpreter.

Mind you we do have some atractions like barbel to 8lb in the weir next to Tesco's in the town centre.

The worst place is actually Barnsley, full of 14 year old slappers pushing prams full of bairns. You can get a house there near the Fleets Dam for ?30k complete with whippet kennels and pigeon loft.

At **** Clegg's shop in the town you can get a good line in flat caps, mufflers, shirts with no collars, brass stud to keep the collar together and black eye liner so you really look like a local. ;o)

R

Ron Clay

Oh by the way, a report appears in today's Mail of a black widow spider found in a bunch of bananas.

Most of this report is of course a load of b....ks. They are not man eaters and are not "highly dangerous wild animals". I've got two in two jam jars at home and I'll be blowed if I am going to apply for a licence to keep them.

I lived for years in a house with at least 20 black widow nests around it, and brought up a youngster with no problem at all.

Reading this report confirms to me the ridiculous attitude some poms have to things they don't understand.

S

Steve King

A couple of prices for starters Ron, Fuller's London Pride bitter ?2.30 a pint, parking in the People's Republic of Islington ?95 a year for a resident's permit. As for property ?48k for a house - bloomin' bargain mate!! You may have seen in the press that a dilapidated former public lavatory on Highbury Fields just sold at auction for ?182k By the way the disused bog comes complete with dry rot and assorted strucural problems! Needless to say it was an estate agent that bought it!!

R

Ron Clay

The last time I stayed in London was in a pub in South Fields. It cast the firm ?95.00 for the bed and an extra ?7.50 for the breakfast which consisted of rotten eggs, bacon that must have been continually warmed up for a week and cold tea. The Fuller's London Pride beer was ?2.45 a pint and was bloody awful - cloudy with bits in it!!

The room wasn't so bad. The rats were quite docile and gave me a little company. The noise outside the room was incredible. All night the traffic roared along the street and in the next room it seemed like they were running a disorderly house. You should have heard them - ooohs aaarhs and whimpers all night long :eek:)

I comparison, when I have my son up from London for the weekend I put him in "Madges", a well run B&B attatched to a pub serving CAMRA approved Smiths Magnet at ?1.75 a pint. The owner cooks breakfast himself from fresh farm eggs (his own farm), home cured bacon together with all the trimmings.

?13.00 the lot!!!

I think I'll stick to Rotherham. I caught a 1lb 12oz roach not 1 minutes walk from this pub.:eek:]

S

Steve King

and you can't say better than that. Though a good pint of London Pride knocks the spots off anything Smiths produce - the trouble down here is that most of the bar staff have no idea how to look after a barrel of real ale.

G

Gerry Castles

..and I bet you've got the CAMRA T-shirts too. XXXL of course. What's the slogan, something like 'real ale drinkers do it flat on their backs'. Get real guys it's only beer.

D

David Will

Drink Guinness thats proper beer !
Ron I have driving round Sarf London all week , Barnsley sounds idyllic.
Check the Internet for the cheapest house , it is about ?3,000 according to the Daily Mail.Do that on the credit card !

C

Chris Bishop

Average house up here in Chelsea-on-Sea is ?150k, so I'd be more worried about the estate agents than the mossies.

C

Chris Bishop

In fact I'm surprised Gerry hasn't opened a branch up here.

D

Dave O'L

Gerry is that a Pike I see, or a bejou, en-suite residence with teeth??? :)

G

Gerry Castles

Come on David lets not spoil a perfectly good thread with a dose of relevance, its not the FM way. Besides Rons still battling his way up the Limpopo surrounded by man eating violin spiders and a complete insect orchestra.

M

Mark St Jefferson

<<what happened to the insect repellant?>>

Looks like it ent to the same place as the weather and our summer.

More likley to need water repellants at the moment.

Mark

PS: must agree with Steve though, a GOOD pint of Pride is a hard one to beat anywhere

R

Ron Clay

Ohh! and some say the north/south divide isn't real.

Let battle commence!!

Mind you who am I to talk, I spent most of my life living a darned sight further south than London.