Equal PB Chub - Feb 08

B

Baz (Angel of the North)

Superb set of three Neil.

I too like the background image in the first photo. How is that done?

Neil Maidment

Reaction score
<blockquote class=quoteheader>Baz (Angel of the North) wrote (see)</blockquote><blockquote class=quote>

Superb set of three Neil.

I too like the background image in the first photo. How is that done?</blockquote>

?? It's grown over several years but basically beencreated over tens of thousand years mate!!/forum/smilies/big_smile_smiley.gif

Neil Maidment

Reaction score
<blockquote class=quoteheader>Bully wrote (see)</blockquote><blockquote class=quote>Nice one(s) Neil. When and where?</blockquote>

Yesterday on the Dorset Stour (that well known Southern Softie River). /forum/smilies/wink_smiley.gif

River was spot on in perfect winter condition

Steve Spiller

Reaction score
Get in there Neil! (Jammy Git!) /forum/smilies/wink_smiley.gif

Claudia was relaying it to me as we were blanking /forum/smilies/angry_smiley.gif

Bite a chuck today mate at next weekends venue, but the wind was ferocious! I had a lump as dark set in, cacked my pants! But it was a 3lb chub not a red fin!

With your run of form I'm sure you will show me how to do it /forum/smilies/wink_smiley.gif

njb51

Reaction score
Nice one Neil.

Fished the Stour today, only a few plucks for my efforts though! Another blank! Mind you, a certain match on a certain stretch messed up my plans from the off!

The wind in my face all day didn't help either!!

Neil Maidment

Reaction score
I'm looking forward to next weekend, it's a long time since I fished your river.

Those chub came from just round the corner from "your wife's abode"!!/forum/smilies/wink_smiley.gif

Neil Maidment

Reaction score
Shame about the match ruining your plans. It's not your average match water is it!

But it was also a lot colder today and certainly a hell of a lot windier. Today would have been a lot harder!

Steve Spiller

Reaction score
Was it full up downstream? I know it's very popular this time of year.

Maggot feeder?

Skjelstad

Reaction score
Congratulations! /forum/smilies/big_smile_smiley.gif

Three specimen-chub in one day would be the catch of a lifetime for me!

Neil Maidment

Reaction score
Skjelstad, it was for me as well!

Steve, nope, very few about which was a big suprise asthe river was in perfect winter trim. A few more arrived later on + a few wandering about.

Yes, and the big BIG Avon float as well!

Steve Spiller

Reaction score
Doh!

Just read your e-mail, brilliant swim choiceNeil, I would have gone downstream a bit............and missed out on it /forum/smilies/sad_smiley.gif

Top fishing mate, I'm gonna sit behind you next weekend and watch and learn!

Michael Howson

Reaction score
Well Done Neil.

Great fish. I well remember the feeling i got with three high fives from the Swale fishing with JL a couple of seasons ago. Mick.

They were among a catch of a dozen or so caught on block-end feeder from a swim high-lighted by Sean at a later date so it brought home the value of swim selection.

Once again Neil Well done.

Specihunter

Reaction score
i had a 5lb chub from the thames so if you need help claudia i know where they are and how to catch them. WELL DONE NEIL.

Jeff Spiller

Reaction score
That's some cracking looking fish Neil, you have certainly been doing something write lately.

I know what you mean about the photo,the picture of my p.b chub looks like I'm wearing a turban, can't believe that Steve took it.