favourite chub swim

chub angler

Reaction score
Nick that proper takes the p*ss what do you pay tax for/forum/smilies/devil_smiley.gif.Tony I hope your misses gets well soon

marie marling

Reaction score
they told my dad when he was 50 that he would have to wait until he is 60, he's 58 now so he should get a new hip in a few years hopefully.

Tony Cummings

Reaction score
<blockquote class=quoteheader>Nick (CSG) wrote (see)</blockquote><blockquote class=quote>

I`m not....doctors won`t do bugger all for me except give me pain killers,anti inflamatoriesand some excersises for me to do.I also suffer a bit with arthritus in both knees which doesn`t help sometimes.

Unless igo to the doctors in so much pain and crawling/dragging myself along the floor,i`m up poop creek without a paddle i`m afraid.You see the NHS have deemed me too young (i`m 42) for them to pay for any operation !!! /forum/smilies/surprised_smiley.gif

****ing scandalous i call !!!</blockquote>
Too young?? What a load of cr*p!! What about consideration of quality of life; surely a 42 year old with a family has more to gain by having the operation than an old'un....just doesn't make sense to me........./forum/smilies/sad_smiley.gif

Tony Hart

Reaction score
My wife suffered for 3 years, she had that many falls, the last time we went to the the doctor would not leave until he agreed to a knee relacement, always ask for a second opinion because some doctors will agree to replacements on younger people.

Tony Cummings

Reaction score
There must be a few river men in need of new hips; years of being on the bank. I for one never use a chair for fishing my local river...just sit on the bank

Neneman Nick

Reaction score
I was told that to go private and have a knee replacement,would cost me upwards of £15,000 per knee,that was from my own doctor /forum/smilies/surprised_smiley.gif!!!

I am on my feet all night as well at work,sometimes climbing in and out of lorries.I just keep taking the pills and grinning and bearing it all. I`m just praying that i have some sort of accident at work that forces the NHS to take action,that way i still get paid in full every week,for up to 12 weeks while i`m off.

Anyway....lets get back to fishingfolks !!!