fish?

alan

Reaction score
sea fishing is not the same as coarse fishing.
on the gravel pit the fish are always there.
with the sea think how big it is. the fish could be anywhere. they are not captive fish living in no more then an over sized fish tank.

sea fishing can be that difficult. i went saturday night, perfect tide, perfect weather, right time sunset, lots of fresh bait. the fish didnt want to play, all i caught was 1 small bream.

get to the beach at low tide, look around what do you see?
gullies?
weed beds?
sand?
gravel?
shelf?
worm beds?
mussel beds?
etc.

try to remember what it looked like when the tide is in. its about finding the features same as coarse fishing.

try a pier, sea wall, sea defence, rocks, any thing that breaks up mile after mile of seabed is worth fishing.

talk to the locals, where do they fish? was anyone there when you were? did they catch?

try to think of a beach like a new lake, you have to figure it out, and that takes time. it took me 3 months to catch my first sea fish. i still struggle to catch as much in new areas untill ive sussed them out.

Claudia Crowther

Reaction score
Andy,

When fishing with Sandeel cut try to cut the head and tail off to let the juices out.

A bass hits his pray in the side first to kill it before eating it...those could be the knocks maybe if there are bass around.

Also, a bass eats his pray head first...so you will have to hook the bait accordingly.

Andy Connor 2

Reaction score
cheers both
sounds a good idea to get down there at low tide i'll try it
when im coarse fishing my confidence is always high i have that same confidence at the start of a sea session and then get slowly frustrated
there was one other guy about, lure fishing with jelly worms on the beach, and this is a shallow beach
so that at least gave me confidence there was something worth fishing for.
-the quest continues
apparently the beach is good for ray this time of year??
does that require some weight behind the cast?