Fishing in France

F

Frothey

no, i just lay back in a drunken stupor. Its a week off with the odd fish for me. the livers got another 51 weeks to recover.

the only part of the local culture i feel the need to explore is the french passion for mistresses! you have to have 3 or 4 going.... its the law!

C

Cakey

--------------------------------------------"----------------------------------------

F

Frothey

if it was size of fish, i wouldn't go again - i'd be very,very lucky to get anything bigger than i already have. its just a giggle with some mates - most of which i haven't met yet.

F

Frothey

personally, when I'm laying back on the bedchair, 3 days in and missing the missus, I think of Cakey.....

Richard Farrow

Reaction score
Cheers Frothey, what about yourself Cakey what prompts you to return regularly, not the wine for obvious reasons?

Claudia Crowther

Reaction score
For me my annual France trip is about relaxing in nature....no phones, TV's, loud neighbours, traffic noise etc...combined with my hobby.....that's my one week a year where I can really switch off and forget about the rest of the world for a while.

I know I could do that here in the UK too but the weather is too unpredictable and somehow it wouldn't feel like being on a holiday /forum/smilies/big_smile_smiley.gif

F

Frothey

i prefer going late in the year Claudia - weather can be more extreme than the uk!

it seems a bit more like "proper" fishing as well, the fish have been fished for all year, you normally have to work a bit harder for runs....

Claudia Crowther

Reaction score
We went in May last year, bad timing, they were spawning. I had one fish in a whole week.

We are off to France next Friday, I know fishing can be a bit harder because of the reason you mention.....but it's a good challenge and stops me from being too lazy./forum/smilies/wink_smiley.gif

F

Frothey

its the prime time of the year now Claudia..... I'm out in November!

Claudia Crowther

Reaction score
I also got a cunning but simple plan on the bait side/forum/smilies/wink_smiley.gif.......November? cricky, that's almost winter bbbrrrrr/forum/smilies/surprised_smiley.gif

W

Warren 'Hatrick' (Wol) Gaunt

thought you come 'out' a couple of years ago Froth?

Gary Dolman

Reaction score
What always amazes me is the lack of river anglers you see in France. On the Loire last year there were loads of people fishing from boats, but most of them were after Zander for the pot. I have seen and fished loads of beatiful rivers all over France, many with lots of fish visible, even to non anglers, but very few fishermen, and almost no use of Rod & Line, except for zander.

Igo to France mostly as a devout tourist, with a passion for french history, but the opportunity to wet a line is essential, and the facility to get a few hours in early or late allows me to indulge myself, without taking over the whole holiday.

What would be really useful would be a source of information about fishing in the area I am visting, however based on my observations not enough people fish the rivers to provide this info.

Reaction score
Not sure how the French is Gary but try this (have I sent you this before?)

French Fishing Information

Some departments even have their version of FM - just don't take that too far...French versions of Graham,Ron, Cakey, Wol, Corkers, Wendy, Claudia etc !!!!

French Forum

You certainly seem to have a similar issues/ideas to me re fishing in France - local knowledge would be really helpful - I know on the Lot this year I was fishing mainly a slower deeper section whilst about a mile downstream was a shallower faster running section.

W

Warren 'Hatrick' (Wol) Gaunt

Remember it well Froth, you still got my lube?

Where abouts are you going Claudia?????

F

Frothey

yeah, and its still unopened.... i prefer it that way /forum/smilies/wink_smiley.gif