Fishing in norfolk?

James Mather

Reaction score
DOes anyone know of any good day ticket waters within 20mins car journey from the sheringham/cromer area where i can catch decent fish. Im not after monsters just nice size fish on holiday. about 5lbs. Also are there any decent piking spots within 20 mins of either place.

thankyou

Richard Farrow

Reaction score
James there are several waters in that area. Pike at Selbrigg, Felbrigg and Blickling Hall. Also lales at Gimmingham and Northrepps. Slightly futher afield Swanton Morley and Reepham, also close to Cromer Gunton park, good for Bream. I don't have the number but try directory enquiries for I think its called Brights or Brightys fishing tackle shop in Sheringham for more advice.

T

Twainy

Richard,
Lales at Gimmingham, is that 2 or 3 long, narrow waters with islands, plenty of tench and owned by an old bloke who looks like a real yokel? Not far from Bacton?
I was working in Bacton for 12 months and had some wonderful fishing there.
I fished Gunton and had a few double figure carp from the canal part on the other side of the bridge.
I fished Blickling and had a jack take a roach as I reeled it in!
How far is Barford lakes from Sherringham, always good fishing there!

Richard Farrow

Reaction score
Twainy Barford is South of Norwich, so you are looking at 30-35 miles, but excellent fishing. Yes you are correct Gimmingham is not far from Bacton.

James Mather

Reaction score
Thanks. I have been to the tackle shop in sheringham before, on a backstreet near the coop i think.

C

Chris Bishop

Get John Wilson's where to fish in Norfolk and Suffolk - shops up there should sell it because the publishers (Barnwells) are in N Norfolk somewhere.