FishingMagic Social Fish-in

Steve Spiller

Reaction score
****y, I put in the post code B76 0DY and it says wind rain and cold?

We'll see what happens.

Steve Spiller

Reaction score
Okee Dokee Pikey, fingers crossed mate.

I've had some wash out holidays before though. The worst was down at the New Forest one year, tents were nearly getting washed away. It was so bad, one geezer snapped all the poles on his frame tent and slung the lot into one of them big wheelie bins! He vowed never to go camping again, it was quite funny actually. He reminded us of John Cleese whipping his car!

T

trev matthews

A Bit of rain dont worry me, ive just survived a long weekend down at weston super mere, weather was awful, but never mind skins waterproof. The fish are already wet anyway, so they dont mind. The only prob will be the BBQ if anyone takes one.

Ill be there around lunchtime on Friday, big blue tent.

Reaction score
Only taking the P Steve ;-)

You're right though the weather does look slightly stinky but on the upside it is warmish (18-20), the wind is light from the south or south-west and sunshine is also predicted amongst the showers.

If it gets too sh*tty, we can do a local cultural tour around the new giant Foster's of Birmingham premises!

Paul H

Reaction score
Derbyshire: best beer, best cheese, best puddings.
Righto chaps, I'm not sure what the best way to ensure we all meet up is so if anyone wants my mobile number to call when they arrive just send me an e-mail.

In case you've never seen it there is an e-mail member link at the top of this posting.

I'm aiming to arrive early Friday afternoon, I believe Clive Pennington will be there from Thursday.

P

Paul (Brummie) Williams

Cultural tour around Fosters!!??

You are havin a laff!.....they are mainly Villa fans, with the exeption of Da managment, who are very inteeligent blokes.

Tell Rich i will pay for all your coffees next time i'm in.

On second thoughts....DON'T!!! he has my credit card details! :(

Paul B

Reaction score
Sorry Paul, not going to make it down now (Unexpected extra shift on saturday). Hope y'all have a top time!

Reaction score
Sorry to hear you can't make it Paul. Perhaps we'll get a chance to meet up again later in the year (Trent fish-in again anyone?).

To all FM campers that can make it...

For identification purposes I will be wearing my ACA cap so feel free to flag me down and say hello!

If anyone else has difficulties emailing Pikey Paul, drop me a line instead via my profile and I'll pass on the relevent mobile numbers.

Don't forget to say when you arrive that you are with FishingMagic and the campsite will try and keep us all together.

cu all there!

Steve Spiller

Reaction score
Just got home.........What a lovely weekend that was.

The weather was unbelievable, not a cloud in the sky all weekend, it was baking. Paul, ****y and Clive are still fishing for perch on the canal.

It was great to meet Paul and ****y again and it was also great to meet Clive and Trev for the first time.

Not gonna say too much because Paul will be doing a write-up.

Thanks Paul what a brilliant weekend though, next year is a deffo.

Paul H

Reaction score
Derbyshire: best beer, best cheese, best puddings.
Just got back to Derby.

I really enjoyed meeting Trev and Clive and Steve and Wendi were great company as always.

I'll get the write up done as soon as possible but I'll be spending tomorrow sorting out the smashed rear window in my car and writing a list of all the tackle ****y and I lost to some theiving low life.

:eek:(

We began making a list of what had been nicked on the way home but got too depressed to complete it.

Steve Spiller

Reaction score
Oh S**t!!! No way mate!

We're really sorry to hear that Paul, gutted for you.

What a S**T way to end a great weekend! I hope you're covered mate? I left my wallet in the car on full display when we came down to say goodbye to you, lucky or what!

Reaction score
I've just added up what I can remember that got nicked and it's nearly 900 quid's worth and pretty much all of my gear that's gone...

B*gger!

On the upside, i caught some lovely perch and a bonus rudd today. Despite the sh*t bit, it really was a very enjoyable weekend and great to see you all.