Fjuka baits

chrissh

Reaction score
Have any of you tried the Fjuka 2 in 1 bait.

Does it work like the say

All the blurb about it is saying it can be us as a hook pellet or moulded into shapes or rolled into a maggot shape.

What’s your thoughts on it

rayner

Reaction score
Before I'll consider trying it I'll leave it for others to take the plunge.
One thing, you can always have a bait in your bag so you are never really stuck.
I'll always go for natural baits over man-made.

Keith M

Reaction score
I guess it’s the sort of bait I can keep in my bag or boot just as a change bait which doesn’t cost too much, but I wouldn’t choose it as a main bait until it’s proved itself by others.

What’s its shelf life, does anyone know?

Keith

no-one in particular

Reaction score
Looks like something I was looking for last year, can keep in the bag and used whenever without any preparation. However, I was always looking for something that works on river fish. That's the trouble with these baits, I think mostly they work on conditioned lake fish if you know what I mean. With this in mind I was looking for something with a natural scent like worm or bloodworm for rivers but I never found anything. I did try some soft pellets in a few locations last year but they didn't fish that well. Still, might be worth a go but I suspect they won't work so will on wild river fish.

mikench

Reaction score
It hasn't hooked me, yet , but I've seen it many times and, probably like the fish, have been able to resist it. Designed to catch anglers as much as fish and I should know as I buy most things. Silly name too.;)

Paste paul

Reaction score
It hasn't hooked me, yet , but I've seen it many times and, probably like the fish, have been able to resist it. Designed to catch anglers as much as fish and I should know as I buy most things. Silly name too.;)
I tend to stick with natural baits apart from pellets..... but even then I just use the bog standard ones.......
I’d never knock anything though if someone starts catching loads all the time it might turn my head ?

Golden Eagle

Reaction score
There’s another interesting video on YouTube of Tom Scholey interviewing David Preston, the bloke behind this bait.

David Preston was the guy behind Preston Innovations who has subsequently moved on. He is attempting to create a bait that can be mass produced to use as both feed and hookable hookbait at a price that is realistic. The idea of having a bait that can be used for hook and feed straight from the bag is a sound one, most other baits have preparation or storage requirements if you think about it. Price is a key issue though.

At some point I’ll try these, no doubt, though I’m trying to keep my bait choices as simple as possible and avoiding the latest fluoro chocolate orange critically balanced dumbbell washters or whatever is on the bait shelf.

That said, the Spotted Fin ready you use micro pellets also look interesting!

Question: is being a bait tart part of being a tackle tart or am I afflicted twice?

mikench

Reaction score
There’s another interesting video on YouTube of Tom Scholey interviewing David Preston, the bloke behind this bait.

David Preston was the guy behind Preston Innovations who has subsequently moved on. He is attempting to create a bait that can be mass produced to use as both feed and hookable hookbait at a price that is realistic. The idea of having a bait that can be used for hook and feed straight from the bag is a sound one, most other baits have preparation or storage requirements if you think about it. Price is a key issue though.

At some point I’ll try these, no doubt, though I’m trying to keep my bait choices as simple as possible and avoiding the latest fluoro chocolate orange critically balanced dumbbell washters or whatever is on the bait shelf.

That said, the Spotted Fin ready you use micro pellets also look interesting!

Question: is being a bait tart part of being a tackle tart or am I afflicted twice?

You are doomed. I only use one bait at a time ............................. but I take dozens of different types just in case.

Golden Eagle

Reaction score
Done a bit of research myself.

I think the idea is fantastic but it appears he might not quite of achieved it yet?

S-Kippy

Reaction score
Stuck on the chuffin M25 somewhere between Heathro
Wonder baits like this come around every now and then,have their moment in the sun and then disappear.....like Maryaku and those jelly tot things in a little tub which blokes were literally fighting over in my local ts at the peak of their popularity. Havent seen any for years.

I've no doubt these will go the same way. Somebody will make a few quid if they get the marketing right....there are more than enough mugs out there. You wont find any in my bait bag.

rayner

Reaction score
I fell for the maryaku bait hype, not a bad product but no better than cheaper alternatives, I agree with your last comment S Kippy.

nottskev

Reaction score
There's probably a market for convenience baits, judging by the popularity of everything from ready meals to ready made rigs.
But I doubt there is such a thing as a universal bait in a bag.
All such efforts seem subject to diminishing returns, endless diversifying ( look were we are with the simple pellet these days) and the invention of baits the fish aren't tired of seeing.
There must be some good reasons why we don't all just a tray of sweetcorn from the discount store - that was a wonder bait when first used, and met all the no prep, easy storage etc criteria.

chrissh

Reaction score
I have just been to AD and bought a pack of the red 2 in 1 pellet along with a pint of red maggot for tomorrow

I’ll start off with the maggots and get the fish feeding then switch to the 2 in 1 pellet.

I will report back tomorrow

chrissh

Reaction score
I bought a pack of the red Fjuka 2 in 1 to try on Tuesday on my local lake to make my own mind up on it.

Don’t waste your money I never had one bite or any interest in it.

I change to soft hooker pellets and started caching roach and rudd within 10 minutes of changing bait

Steve Arnold

Reaction score
If these have proved themselves, and are still around in 30 years (me too,I am 68!), I might just try them. Only if they have proved themselves mind!

Only last year I moved on from natural baits to boilies (how long have they been around?) and actually - some are quite good!