floaters

R

Rodney Wrestt

it's not a druggy, Monk, it's chemical dependant or reality suspendant, at least that's what it says in the user manual.

T

The Monk

yeah, well I`m not politically correct anyway, definately a druggy

T

The Monk

Budgie, sorry mate, not into these new fangle baits, give me the rare marsh mellow any time!

M

michael rouse

why does Rodney wear the same clothes in each picture and what is the correct way to present a marsh mellow hook bait for carp.

T

The Monk

Hi Michael

Marsh Mellow can be presented similarly to the way I present Marsh Mallow, using a baiting needle, thread say a 3ft length of multi-strand through the bait and tyre a loop in one end, pull the material back through the bait and as a stop, add a tough piece of grass, although modern carp anglers use bollies stops these days.

To the other end of your multi strand, attach a swievel. I prefer the 35mm film canaster, used like a bubble float, for casting , but fish this in-line, that is to say affix a plastic tube through the centre of the cannister, adding super glue to the base section, then add a tight sleeve of silicon rubber over the end of the tube, this will enable the swivel on the hook length, to be pushed into the cannister, this gives the effect of a floating bolt rig.

Say the last six inch of the multi-strand cast, add some vastaline or dry fly floatant to enable it to float, also put water in the canaster to assist with casting weight.

fire a few freebies out, and good luck?

R

Rodney Wrestt

Michael,
Rodney only has these clothes :eek:( I shirk all material goods.
Or I have lots of the same clothes.
Or I always wear those clothes when fishing
Or I created the .gif file from several photo's lifting the fish and creating several layers to get the desired effect....you decide.

E

ED (The ORIGINAL and REAL one)

or maybe its a cardboard cut out of you with you standing behind with your arms sticking round the sides holding different fish .........

M

michael rouse

maybe its fish from a magisine hes pasted on to his computer

R

Rodney Wrestt

Where's your mug shot 'michael' if that's your real name. Are you jealous of my computer skills or my fishing/modeling/handling/cloth wearing ability, or are you just so bored you thought youd pick on me? the pictures ARE real the only editing I did wat to change the face with some handsom bug*** out a modeling magazine :eek:).

M

michael rouse

Michael is my real name.i am jealous of your computer skills ......but it takes a silly person to put fish out of fishing magazines on your screen picture.i dont have a mug shot because i dont know how to get it up.

R

Rodney Wrestt

Michael,
I think you need to take a look at some of the other members mug shots, some of which change dailey. I don't hear you complaining about some of the members not really being a giant carrot, a dog, cormorant or bugs bunny. Pssst a little secret mate, Come closer...shhhhhh, my names not really Rodney Wrestt either, (giggle) it's a play on words for Rod Rest.

It doesn't take a silly person to make up these images but a pretty petty one to take issue with them. This is a fishing site and the tips and advice I give are real and hopefully help out some other members.

As long as Graham doesn't take issue with my mug shot, comments or any of my posts, then I won't be changing the habits I've had for the last few years I've been a member on here.

R

Rodney Wrestt

Cakey,
I was going to comment on that line but I though the poster might be a little offended. Glad I could rely on you to fill in the gaps though :eek:).

M

michael rouse

Rodders you are helping me .i am very new to carp fishing .so far iv been told to use a marsh mellow on the surface.some one else told me that it would dissolve,sink or just release chemicals and sugars into the water.Is this true.Iv never seen a sane angler using marsh mellows.

M

michael rouse

are there any other floaters i can buy that work.

has any one tried heathrows indian spice pop ups ...the pink ones because i dont know how far to pop them up

A Wayne

Reaction score
Just to make you feel bad Rodney. I could make that file using Java encoding without any problem. It's just that I don't have enough pictures of credible fish!

C

Cakey

You talk like chum mixer is one bait !
you can flavour it
you can sweeten it
you can salt it
you can hair rig it
you can glue it to the back of the hook
you can bait band it
and you could even try two !
thousands of different ways of presenting chum mixer youve got to find the one that works......unless youre lazy of course !