FM Fly Fishing Fish In

R

Ron 'The Hat' Clay (ACA-Life Member)

What about Carsington? That's a water to sort the men from the boys.

G

Gary Knowles

Yeah, thats right Ed. Near Congleton, nice place, plenty of pegs, good pubs nearby, Marsdens home water (gotta give the old duffer a chance eh?)

Ron - why are you always trying to seperate the men from the boys? I'm getting quite worried about you....

R

Actually I thinking about the great Rutland challenge.

Pairing off in boats over two days and fishing to international rules. No Northhants drifting.

We get there at some local hostelry on the Friday evening. The we get plastered in the bar. Then, next day we fish and the heaviest 8 fish limit is carried over.

Then we retire to the pub and prepare for the next day. The best aggregate wins.

Dave Chilton to present the trophy.

This time I will be a competitor.

And I will thrash the lot of you!

:eek:)

Bryan Baron 2

Reaction score
I will be up for it dependant on dates. Sundays are best can do all them. If its a Saturday then i will have to check with work. Venue not to bothered as long as its not to far.

E

ED (The ORIGINAL and REAL one)

you pay Ron and we'll all be there.....

R

Me Pay!

Come on Ed, what do you think I am?

R

Oh by the way Barney, only they - that's the beastly coarse fishahs, have pegs what?

We, have beats I'll have you know.

But you will have to grow some hair and wear decent clothes if you wish to become one of us old boy.

S

Sean Meeghan

I'm up for another do. Just let me know where and when.

Rutland or Carsington would only be a good idea if the water hasn't warmed up too much. Otherwise the bank fishing may be hard.

Ron if you fancy a day on a boat at Rutland just let me know - its not too far if we share a car.

NT

Reaction score
It was great to meet you all and fish Press Manor again. Ed, (I also missed you and the missusand Frank Moors sends his regards) Westlow is in Congleton but nothing to do with the guild although we have quite a few members who are members of Westlow as well.
Carsington tends to get hard in the summer. Rutland is good thought out. I'd love to teach Ron a thing or two about loch style and thoroughly beat him. Tell me when...

Neil (NT).

R

Neil,

I'd love to fish with you and that's a fact. Mind you, you had better watch out. I once wiped the eye of one of the best "over the front" anglers in this country on Hanningfield in 1987.

By the way Neil, can you change your mugshot. It makes you look horribly old.

Sean, any time except for the Chatsworth weekend and June from the 15th to the 26th. I will pay for the boat and tickets if you provide the transport.

G

Ged

Sorry I had to miss the fish in as I had to work, even tied some flies specially just in case I got time off.
Sounded like the usual fun and good fishing.
I am trying to do my best not swear as when I got to work Saturday, one of my so called colleagues cancelled his time of, last minute job so I could have made it after all.
Just glad you all had fun.

M

mark williams 4

I'm always up for the AW ressies, Grafham, Ruttie, Pitsford - the latter's a good bank water before midsummer.

Boats would add a new dimension - maybe a game of two halves, with lunch and a change of partner. That'll give the bloke who draws Gary in the morning some relief.

Damnable expense, though. Well done Press Manor for keeping prices down.

E

ED (The ORIGINAL and REAL one)

Sorry I missed you Mark ......maybe next time

R

By the way Mark, in the 60s the anglers were complaining that a day at Grafham was too much at ?1 for an 8 fish limit.

And if I remember a boat with an outboard motor was ?1-12 shillings!!!

How times change.

S

Sean Meeghan

OK Ron I'll check my best dates and get back to you. I'll publish on here in case anyone else wants to come - you'll need 2 of you to make the boat affordable - think its about ?25 each.

R

?24 for the boat shared and ?17 each for the fishing. That's ?29 each.

R

You should get on Draycote now Adrian.

The buzzers will be up and also the damsel flies will be showing. It has great bank fishing in May. You will catch more from a boat in June.

S

Shrek

Had a bit of a falling out with the owner so not particularly eager to go back.