foot and mouth

S

Steven Gillham

i agree with all the aspects of keeping anglers off local club waters during the recent foot and mouth outbreak.
but it has come to my attention that a certain angling club in the darlington area has closed their water for the above reason and have decided to stop the fishing and hold group work partys while the epidemic is on.
whats the point in stopping the fishing if you are still going to have people turning uo in there cars and roaming all over the surrounding area

one very confused angler.

C

Carp Angler

Probably organised by the committee.
And as we all know, most committee members feet don't actually touch the ground.

GrahamM

Managing Editor
Reaction score
There are lots of anomalies like that, but most of them concerning non-anglers tramping around waters while anglers stay at home.

As well as owing a responsibility to farmers we also owe a responsibility to angling and the tackle and fishing related trades, so fish where you can.

But - keep away from farmland, fish only where the waters are still open, and if in any doubt, don't go.

Most of it is just a case of us using our common sense by not spreading the disease while at the same time not crippling our own sport any more than we need to.

R

Rob Brownfield

I have a strange one up here. I can't go hill walking, I can't go snow boarding, my local pike water is shut, several of the more remote trout fisheries are shut, I can't go clay pidgeon shooting and I can't even fish the cliffs for the cod, BUT, I can go Salmon angling!! Not one of the beats on the Dee or the Don are shut, despite both rivers running through prime grazing meadows.

I guess money really does talk!!