Forgotten Lake

coelacanth

Reaction score
I asked a taxidermist friend with extensive experience of animal anatomy to take a look at the picture of the swamp thing, his reply is below:

The way I see it there are basically two possibilities here

A. Its certainly not a bird the skeleton is far too "heavy set" for that. My hunch is that it is the skeleton of a medium sized dog something like a bull terrier. its not a cat they too are far finer boned. ...........

or ............................

B. Failing that it could be a strange and, as yet, undiscovered species of alien life which has heroically solved the problem of space time travel, made its way across the galaxies travelling through the millenia, survived re entry only to land in a pond in soggy england and discover that it never learned to swim !!

We may never know the truth. Though for my money B. has the edge

have a good day

Tony Stevens

Reaction score
Hey Paul could it have been someones xmas turkey that wouldn't fit in the oven so got tossed out in the nearest convenient spot to get rid of rotting and stinking meat?
Alians invading that can't swim I like that!

coelacanth

Reaction score
It was the crabs wot did it. If you look around you'll probably find the remains of the dog's owner floating in the margins. I'd think carefully before fishing there again.