Friendly 24 hour Carp Compo for Charity

A

Alan Roe

Wednesday the 12th would suit me perfectly
I'll fish for whichever team wants me!!!

I take it that it's tutti frutti flavoured Greenwells Glories for carp!!!

C

Carp Angler

Just had a butchers at the link for Penns and read that it has a 2 rod rule, and in the picture by Rob Hughes and Simon Crowe there are 3 rods on the pod.

They probably just put the 3rd rod on there to give the picture symmetry........or something.

A

andrew jackson

I would be up for it dependant upon the final date settled upon. Penns Hall, besides being a prolific venue, so ideal for this sort of event, is also geographically the fairest venue.

A

Austin Buchan

Birmingham Venue suits me, being from up t'north an all that, by eckie thump lad!

Stuart Dennis

Reaction score
ok, here's the date and now confirmed on the blower with Rik and Cakey. Wednesday 12th June. The venue is being checked out by Rik as we speak. All those posted so far, please confirm on the back of this as to the dates etc.

Stuart Dennis

Reaction score
Mike Fidler, I have no issues with you being part of the Pro's side, but will you want me to cast your rods out like Rik did when you caught that whopper in your photo???

Love and Kisses
Stuart

G

GYPSY DAVE

As RIK mentioned earlier i have decided to show you all how much i don't know about our wonderful past time. As with others, i don't know which side i fall on, but would still like the chance to do a bit for "Charridee, Mate" and see if the faces behind the reputations can "Parrdee" as well as the rumours say!!! 12th of June? Bring it on! i say.

G

Gary Knowles

Oy, Brummie, I am a clean living lad with a Squeaky clean reputation. In fact I'm often described as the Michael Owen of Fishing !

If Mike says otherwise he's confused due to drinking all my beer. All I did was stay sober to look after him then take him back to his bivvy. I assume that's where his memory got a bit muddled !

Stuart Dennis

Reaction score
Ok, so much to do, so little time to do it in huh? The following is the list I’ve collated from this thread to date to be confirmed and probable. I’ll keep updating as we go along. By mid next week we should have a total of confirmed lunatics to which I’ll send out sponsorship forms etc. Please confirm to this thread.

12th June 2002 – Second Chance Charity!
(awaiting confirmation from venue)

CONFIRMED
Stuart
Cakey
Rik
Graham
Mike Fidler
Gypsy Dave
David Will
Alan Roe

PROBABLE
Gary Knowles
Austin Buchan
Paul Williams
Malcolm Bason
Dave Johnson
Andrew Jackson

Stuart Dennis

Reaction score
We still need many more boys and girls, what have you got to loose? I mean you can’t be as bad as me! And….”it’s all for Charidee mate - and a big heloe to all you truckers out there!”

Stuart Dennis

Reaction score
If we can get it, we will go for Penns Hall in Birmingham (as detailed earlier in the thread), so no pressure on Paul Williams then!! (the poor sod!).

I've spoken to Second Chance who are sending me over standard sponsorship forms for me to play around with so I'll keep you posted on that one too.

You never know, the way this is going it could end up as the north versus the south!
Come-on you shandy drinkers!

GrahamM

Managing Editor
Reaction score
Our shandies are made from half beer and half whisky, and most of the time we forget the beer.

GrahamM

Managing Editor
Reaction score
"In fact I'm often described as the Michael Owen of Fishing!"

More like Bill Owen (Compo).

Stuart Dennis

Reaction score
How would you know what's in your shandy Graham, when you haven't been up to the bar in years!!

S

Stuart Johnson

Stuart, you can add my name to list as I am sure a convenient business meeting can be arranged for the date in question. Skive.