Garden Critters

@Clive

Reaction score
A few photos from this morning's safari around the garden.....

Bee 2.jpg

Bee 1.jpg

Bees & Butterfly.jpg

Scarce Swallowtail 1.jpg

nottskev

Reaction score
Some nice pics! Let me lower the standard. These critters are looking at me through the French windows where they stop off for some dry catfood on their way out to roam around the area.

Badz.jpg

Badz1.jpg

There's always a think layer of mud from their noses on the bottom 6 inches of the windows. There are badgers in the adjoining park, and setts here and there amongst the houses. These dudes live at the bottom of next door's garden.

Talking of garden critters, I'm blessed (sigh) with a biggish garden. Being a corner bungalow, it's got garden front, back and sides. An Estate Agent would call it "a great opportunity" or something like that. With one problem area - north side, behind a shed, under trees, full of rough grass and badger diggings - I've just made what my garden-savvy friend called a stumpery, using the remains of a willow that had to come down to appease a neighbour.

Badz2.jpg

I'm hoping I can now neglect it with a clear conscience. and maybe attract some more critters. I was thinking of hedgehogs. The couple in the corner shop 100m away have them (in the garden, not the shop). But they also pointed out badgers will eat them, as they will most things, so maybe that won't happen.

@Clive

Reaction score
Do your brocks leave 'messages' in your garden Kev? Our visitors can't reach the windows so they leave their calling cards under the hedges. Btw, if you hear a blood curdling scream from your garden at night that will be a hedgehog's death throes. You will find it as a hollow shell in the morning.

nottskev

Reaction score
No screams. But now and then the whole family comes out to party. They play-fight, roll around, jump in and out of planters and make a commotion. I never thought I'd jump out of bed at 2 am, wrench back the curtains, open the window and shout "Will you lot f*** off and let me sleep!". At a posse of badgers.